Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Who wants to write my economics paper? (Shigeru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:16 pm
Honors Economics Paper/Presentation
The purpose of this assignment is to ensure that every Honors Economics completes an independent project in which he or she is responsible for defining the issues, gathering and analyzing the evidence, and drawing logical conclusions. Because the skills needed for such a project are quite different from those needed for examinations, the paper/presentation provides a unique intellectual challenge to the student.

The paper/presentation must be a substantial, original, analytical research paper. This means that the paper/presentation must represent the equivalent work of an undergraduate student. This typically means that the paper is at least 10 pages long, and, beyond synthesizing the work of others, makes its own creative contribution.

The research should be aimed at analyzing an economic theory or idea. This may be done either theoretically, practically, or through a combination of both.

Theoretical papers might involve the construction of a model to explain or to evaluate the world around us. The possibilities are endless. Some examples would be: explaining the causes of a historic event; tying together seemingly unconnected events; evaluating a government program; identifying sources of market failure in a particular context; or defining the impact of an event on some segment of the population. It is common for theoretical papers to take on a mathematical form, though they need not do so. Verbal models should make all assumptions and logical steps clear to the reader.

Practical papers might measure or forecast some key economic relationships and interpret their significance. Econometrics provides the standard techniques for empirical/practical; work. However, for those who have no background in econometrics, a well-conceived research design can accomplish a great deal using elementary, descriptive statistical techniques.

Papers combining theoretical and empirical work should use theory to construct a model and then use data to test the predictions and the validity of the theory.

The paper should be in a publishable format. It should include: a title page, appendix items, and work cited. While not required, a table of contents is highly recommended. Making a table of contents usually aids in the organization of the paper.

Additional Presentation Guidelines
Students who choose the presentation route must cover the same material as a paper. In addition they must provide the following:
• PowerPoint Presentation
• Work cited
Students must dress professionally on the day of the presentation. Presentations must be a minimum of 15 minutes.
------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:08 pm
Odd, because I'm busy writing a paper not unlike yours that also requires a minimum length of 10 pages.

It's also to be coupled with a PowerPoint, though due to time constraints, there's a time limit of 25 minutes with minimum of 10.  

Shigeru the Hero

Raike99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:15 pm
Shigeru K
Odd, because I'm busy writing a paper not unlike yours that also requires a minimum length of 10 pages.

It's also to be coupled with a PowerPoint, though due to time constraints, there's a time limit of 25 minutes with minimum of 10.
If 10 is the most you've had to do you're damn lucky.I had to write a 16 ******** page story.NOT FUN.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 pm
Shigeru K

What is the basis of yours? I think I am going to go with the sudden boom in China's economy and it's impact on other countries.

Or something to do with Communism whee  

Jonnnn

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:44 pm
Jonnnn
Shigeru K

What is the basis of yours? I think I am going to go with the sudden boom in China's economy and it's impact on other countries.

It's actually not as glamorous as yours. It's a research report on a publicly traded Canadian company that covers everything from their products to their marketing strategy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:30 pm
Shigeru K
Jonnnn
Shigeru K

It's actually not as glamorous as yours. It's a research report on a publicly traded Canadian company that covers everything from their product to their marketing strategy.

*Ignores everything else you said*

CANADIAN : D  

Candy goes B A N G

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas