Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
February 08 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:21 pm
User Image
On the cover: Ami and Yumi from Puffy
Volume 4, Issue 2

Inside:
3rd Annual SB Music Awards
Preview: Monkey High! by: Shouko Akira
Normal chapters of Vampire Knight, Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, honey and clover (2 chapters), Absolute Boyfriend, Sand Chronicles, and Crimson Hero
Manga Spotlight on Fushigi Yƻgi: Genbu Kaiden and Godchild
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope
"Puffy AmiYumi Power:" Our cover models dish on being the reigning princesses of J-Pop
DIY: Inrou for your mp3 player
Cooking: Espresso-infused flourless chocolate cake and rasberry sauce (originally from the Japanese magazine LaLa)
"Pure Beans:" Spilling the beans on Japanese purification rituals
"An MD Love Affair"
"Music Games '08"
"Music Madness:" A chockablock collection of Japanese music info, including a begginers guide, music in anime, what Tokyo record stores are selling, and more!
How to Draw with Yuu Watase

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:53 pm
I guess I liked the preview of Monkey High...I'm starting to enjoy Crimson Hero and I love Sand Chronicles!!! I can't wait until next issue since there is an ION preview by Arina Tanemura!! I love her stories, especially Shinshi Doumei Cross! Hurray!  

ellehciMMichelle

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 pm
ellehciMMichelle
I guess I liked the preview of Monkey High...I'm starting to enjoy Crimson Hero and I love Sand Chronicles!!! I can't wait until next issue since there is an ION preview by Arina Tanemura!! I love her stories, especially Shinshi Doumei Cross! Hurray!

Yeah, Monkey High! was better than I expected it to be. I also love Sand Chronicles, and this chapter was especially good! heart
I can't wait for the I-O-N preview. I think they said there would also be another preview in the next issue...I'm not sure if they said what series it would be though...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:48 pm
kel aka gandy
ellehciMMichelle

Yeah, Monkey High! was better than I expected it to be. I also love Sand Chronicles, and this chapter was especially good! heart
I can't wait for the I-O-N preview. I think they said there would also be another preview in the next issue...I'm not sure if they said what series it would be though...

Yeah, there are 2 previews next issue! The other one is B.O.D.Y. by Ao Mimori.

ellehciMMichelle

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 pm
ellehciMMichelle

Yeah, there are 2 previews next issue! The other one is B.O.D.Y. by Ao Mimori.

Ah, yes! That's it! I was going a little nuts there, cuz I couldn't remember. xd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:02 pm
Feb. 2008 also has a new recipe, Espresso-Infused Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce.

I'm gunna try it out as soon as I can. It's pretty cool to know you can bake a cake without flour.  

Sozomi

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:38 am
Sozomi
Feb. 2008 also has a new recipe, Espresso-Infused Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce.

I'm gunna try it out as soon as I can. It's pretty cool to know you can bake a cake without flour.

That rasberry sauce looked amazing, but I can't stand coffee/espresso, so I think I'll try it over something else sometime.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:33 am
ellehciMMichelle

i didnt like that one until i actually read the whole series online! i heart it!  

nomvegannom

kaitou_clowe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 pm
Hmm, I too have started to enjoy Crimson Hero after reading this new release. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:00 pm
User Image
( Y )
=(^.~)=
*('')('')

Does anyone have the cover of this issue? I seem
to have lost mine and I can't remember what was on the cover page.

<3

S w e e t A n g e l

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:37 pm
S w e e t A n g e l
User Image
( Y )
=(^.~)=
*('')('')

Does anyone have the cover of this issue? I seem
to have lost mine and I can't remember what was on the cover page.

<3

Ah, sorry about that. I updated the first post with a pic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 am
I haven't posted in here in a while....I did enjoy this issue though, and I actually voted for the music awards.  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

risa_koizumi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:08 am
Sozomi

a few days after i got the magazine i made that cake1
it was soo good.
i took pictures and sent them in and they said that they were going to put it in the magazine.
i was all like wootness!  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games