Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Bad news Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meliu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:46 pm
Pink Plastic Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Aw, that sucks.

My art teacher was the same way. She was like, "LOL, NONE OF THAT ANIME CRAP, ASHLEY. D:<" Ghghfs. One of the many reasons I almost failed art.

My art teacher sent me in the supplies room to do my work. Cause I complained that the music she played sucked. and she said I drew anime too much..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:36 am
Pink Plastic Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Aw, that sucks.

My art teacher was the same way. She was like, "LOL, NONE OF THAT ANIME CRAP, ASHLEY. D:<" Ghghfs. One of the many reasons I almost failed art.
Only one art teacher I had didn't care. He let me draw my avie for art. I herd he was moving to the senior high. I hope so then I can see if I can draw you guys. So I'm off to do a fantasy picture.  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:22 pm
Darn. D:
Well, you could write my name next to yours in a heart. ;D <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:24 pm
My art teacher says the same thing D<

She wont even let us do them in our spare time D<<

She says they aren't taken seriously, so we aren't going to do them D<<<

Why does she get to make that call!? Its still art and she's not the director DX

YesterDaysNews

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:28 pm
Awww. <3 Well at least your able to draw on it!

It's fine though! 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:56 pm
I never got why art teachers did that. I can't draw, but I've seen so many teachers strongly object anime or cartoony like drawings. What happened to the 'art is art; you draw what you see in your head' saying? Ah well; you'll still have to take a picture of what you end up drawing ^^  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 am
I can see where they're coming from, though. As far as artistic pursuits go, it's generally best to learn to pull of realism and the technical elements of it (proportions, depth, perspective, etc.) before deviating from it.

Picasso might have been famous for his abstract works, but he still knew how to pull off realism and from there deviate from it.

They're there to teach you to be able to draw real things so you have the base knowledge to apply that and form your own style.

It would probably go over better if they took more time to get that point across, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. See, I wouldn't care if they just said, "I'd prefer you to learn realism and its elements and blah blah blah," but the only explanation as to why I couldn't do anime-esque drawings was because, "Cartoons =/= art."

And what's funny is that I couldn't do that for my cartoon unit project either.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:58 am
My art teacher was awesome. She even had a plastic fairy wand that she would wave over your head when you were making huge mistakes.  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff