Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Umm Should I train this Deoxys?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pachulo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 am
Well now that he is not an Uber anymore I must atleast train him and then just ditch later so here is my current Deoxys:

Hp - 22
Atck - 16
Def - 18
Sp.Atck - 15
Sp.Def - 9
SPD - 23

Hardy.

Its the SpaceCenter Deoxys (cant rename it stare )which explains the shitty Ivs and Nature but I think he can do.

I was thinking maybe Sp.Sweeper?

Give me some Feedback  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 pm
Remember that only Speed Form is allowed - the other 3 are still ubers.  

nitnit
Captain

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:35 pm
i dont see a problem with defense form or normal form. Defense has low attack and normal form is still pretty weak.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:37 pm
paleHorse91
i dont see a problem with defense form or normal form. Defense has low attack and normal form is still pretty weak.

lol  

Shigeru the Hero

Raijin36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:38 pm
I might use my speed form...maybe ninja

Also the main reason the others are still banned is because Defense form=easily the new Skarm/Bliss. Attack form is way to strong in attack and can and will just be Choice Scarfed. Normal form is plain old to well rounded and if trained properly can demolish most teams if you find a good team for it to function in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:43 pm
Deoxys has a low HP count and normal form has a fairly low defense. Attack form is pretty crazy though  

paleHorse91

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:50 pm
Wait...aren't attack form and normal form basically the same thing? Both can be scarfed and tear through a team with little effort... Base 150 may not break everything, but it's still f'ing massive.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:08 pm
Defense form is like cresselia, but with recover, spikes, stealth rock, and more....

Attack form is just ridiculous ((though spiritomb can pwn it lawl)), and normal is just way to high in stats.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:39 pm
The main reason Speed form is allowed is because 95 base Attack and Sp.Atk and 90 base Defense and Sp.Def are not insanely high. They're still good, and 180 base Speed owns even most Choice Scarfers, but you can still realistically survive a hit from and KO Speed form Deoxys. Its moveset is pretty insane, which is why it was uber in the first place, and that insane moveset, combined with base 150 defenses for Defense form and base 180 attacks for the Attack form creates an uber that can outperform most other ubers. Normal form's base 150 attacks are still pretty high, especially for OU standards, and it has the added benefit of not being killed in one hit by priority attacks (except a really powerful Extremespeed or Sucker Punch) like Attack form is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:50 pm
Yeah I know the SPD form is the onnly one allowed.

I myself would rather Deoxys - E to stay in Uber but now that it is OU I have a duty to at least try him 3nodding  

Pachulo

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:41 pm
paleHorse91

Defence=Annoyer
Normal=150 atk, 150 speed, and 150 sp. atk is not weak. Last time I check at least.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:44 pm
Fireyblaze000
paleHorse91

Defence=Annoyer
Normal=150 atk, 150 speed, and 150 sp. atk is not weak. Last time I check at least.

Dexoys Defend@Leftovers
252 Hp/ 128 Def/128 Sp.Def
- Cosmic Power -thats the name of his thng that raises both Defenses right?
-Toxic
-Recover
-Filler  

Pachulo

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:26 pm
Pachulo
Fireyblaze000
paleHorse91

Defence=Annoyer

Dexoys Defend@Leftovers
252 Hp/ 128 Def/128 Sp.Def
- Cosmic Power -thats the name of his thng that raises both Defenses right?
-Toxic
-Recover
-Filler

Probably better to choose a defensive nature and optimize defenses than to just split EVs. 252 HP is right, though.
Spikes, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave are all incredibly useful moves that this beast learns. Thunder Wave and Toxic is redundant, though, so it'd be one or the other. Either fail to hit Steel-types (Dialga) or fail to hit Ground-types (Groudon).  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games