Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Australia Day or Invasion Day
  Australia Day
  Invasion Day
View Results

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:35 pm
So, I guess a little national pride is good, so Happy Australia Day! but not too much. I mean, I guess ait's a bit much, with all the flags and tattoos and bikinis and hats an' all. I mean, you start to think everyone hates other countries and their people suck. It's not right when it goes overboard. Look at the Cronulla riots, people got drunk, over-proud of their country, and look what happened.
When you ask people why they like Australia, they just say "'cause its grouse!!" and "duh, I live here". I mean, I love my country, but tone it down a little people! We don't want to turn into racists and that.
What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:31 pm
Happy Australia Day!

I think that we dont go overboard with the whole patriotism thing. I mean, sure we have the flag plasted on everything but it isn't like we constantly rub it in peoples faces. Also, Cronulla riots aside (to me that was un-Australian), I like how everyone considers themselves Australian. Unlike America where you have Afro-Americans, Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, etc, here it doesnt matter what background you have, if you were born here or have adopted our country as home you are an Australian. I think it is more in the attitude and the things we do rather than the flag-waving bs.

Lynx Raven Raide

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am
Yeah, that's pretty true, but I don't like the whole "un- Australian" thing. That's pretty riddiculus to me. Why don't you just say " stupid" and be done with it. Australia has cirtainly done things we're not proud of in the past. It sounds like Australia is the reincarnation of everything good and right and proper and cool. We all know that's not exactly possible for any country.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:46 am
ugh.

hard femme

Assimilated Borg

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 am
What about Hottest 100 day?