Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Action Replay Problem...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug Catcher Geno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:36 am
My friend is playing her Diamond and is on route 222. She has used AR once in order to see how it works I guess. She got her Ratata to like level 50 or something, but she regrets ever usuing it and stuff. Now she's found Staryu's on route 222 by surfing, and we're both pretty sure this isn't normal. The thing is that she found a shiny one. Should she catch it or is this the AR or what?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:40 am
AR cant do that...unless she has a History of using AR to get a Staru.  

Razz-Berry 9

Bug Catcher Geno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:45 am
But Staryu usually doens't show up here though, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:54 am
I'm not totall sure, but I think they do appear there. The AR doesn't add pokemon into the wild, I am pretty sure only the old gamesharks for GBA could do that.  

Deathguiser

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:59 am
Jean Louis
My friend is playing her Diamond and is on route 222. She has used AR once in order to see how it works I guess. She got her Ratata to like level 50 or something, but she regrets ever usuing it and stuff. Now she's found Staryu's on route 222 by surfing, and we're both pretty sure this isn't normal. The thing is that she found a shiny one. Should she catch it or is this the AR or what?
That's nothing to worry about. It's only a swarm or something like that. I'm not too sure exactly what, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:00 pm
Jean Louis
But Staryu usually doens't show up here though, right?

The little girl in the 2nd town tries to get you ahead (she tells you where pokemon that are not suppose to live in a certain area. Even if you don't talk to her, the event still happens) of the older brother or sister. If she doesn't have history of using a AR, it might just be normal. If she bought it from someone else, that would be a different story.  

Eledee

Bug Catcher Geno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:08 pm
Staryu isn't a swarm Pokemon though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm
Jean Louis
Staryu isn't a swarm Pokemon though.

well unless your friend is using the modify pokemon code, there shouldn't be starmie there according to pokemon marriland. The pokemon modifier makes pokemon appear where they shouldn't, but only if you're holding the L button. But other than that, the only logical explanation is some kind of swarm neutral  

Deathguiser

Bug Catcher Geno

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:17 pm
I guess so.
She decided to catch it though.
Thanks to everyone who was here to talk to me about it.
>:3

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff