Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Does being goth restrict other movement? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

char234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:07 am
GOTHS NOWADAYS WEAR BRIGHT COLOURS. AND IT IS GREAT TO LOOK DIFFERENT.

You get my message lol?? well yes, be indiviual, be unique. It is great, and be colourful, you dont have to stop being a goth because of it. most goths like bright bold colours anyway. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 pm
My sister has an assortment of colored glasses that she uses to add color to her outfits...try that.
Being goth dosent mean that you have to be depressed all the time...thats no fun.
I talk to friends with enthusiasm and wearing black or gothic clothing makes me feel comfotable and at ease...like wearing pajamas to the mall or something...its stress free.  

TheWhiteRaven2501

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:42 am
SUICIDE AS AN ART FORM
Decora=trying too hard

Also, yes, being Goth restricts your movement

I would like to point you toward the respect thread. Your belligerence is unacceptable.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:44 am
char234

You get my message lol?? well yes, be indiviual, be unique. It is great, and be colourful, you dont have to stop being a goth because of it. most goths like bright bold colours anyway. razz

I'm a goth (sort of) and I wear colour. Usually just one colour at a time with something back to match it, and usually jewel toned velvet stuff. I have a green velvet blouse I'm really fond of, and some red skirts and blue ones, and a great blue top with hanging sleeves. Nothing wrong with wearing colour, whether you're goth or not. I think it can add a lot of excitement to an outfit that would otherwise be bland black.

Clothing designers must agree, because I see a lot of pretty goth dresses with red or purple front panels.  

Veruniel
Crew

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
I'm sorry, but I have to say this after reading the title.

It depends on your boots.

rofl

Hey, I'm goth and I don't always wear black. I wear lots of neon colors.
Frankly, I don't like pastels or "greytones" all that much, but I love jewel-tones and neon colors. And rainbows.

Black + rainbow = full of win. <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:10 pm
being goth does not equal always dressing in black.
i mean, look at cyber goths.  

mechanical kitsy

Ende_Neu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:01 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
I'm sorry, but I have to say this after reading the title.

It depends on your boots.

Haha! This really did make my day. So true. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:15 pm
It's funny, I just posted in the thread about "have you changed". And I mentioned my departure from the strict all black wardrobe.

For me, I don't necessarily feel that wearing dark colours makes me feel down, but I almost feel restricted if it's all I wear. I feel like I'm not expressing myself fully aesthetically.

What most people have said though, you don't need to dress dark to consider yourself goth.

i.e perky goths, cybergoths - these tend to incorporate a lot of colour into their look

And aside from that, it's not merely the dress that makes you goth.

But like Resurrected said: you'll be fine.

And may I also say, good for you. I definitely encourage adopting a happier outlook on things. It's so much easier to be happy. And you feel so much better. =]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

MortSanglant

Oreo the Sphinx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:37 am

I wear black nail polish and a pentacle round my neck, and I listen to Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees. I brood quite a bit and I love reading H.P. Lovecraft and Neil Gaiman and other quasi-Gothic horror, and I write in pretty much the same style. I'd rather wear black than any other colour. I also smile a lot and people say I'm really friendly. A fellow Indian non-Goth guy actually said I qualify as part of the tiny Goth community in Chennai, where I live. Draw your own conclusions. biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:20 pm
char234

And black just makes the colours stand out even more, so that's why you'll see it mixed in with people's neon wardrobes.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:42 pm
It occurs to me.
While they have done studies on how color effects people and proven that the colors you wear and see effect your mood, it being a pyschological thing, would effect different people different ways.
Though most people tend to be more cheerful around bright colors and less so in black, if you felt more comfortable in black than color it might have a different effect.
I know my mood would worsen if I was forced into a beige pantsuit.

Just a theory, quite likely to be bunk.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces