yes and i hated it
  no but i'll look into it
  no and it doesn't sound like my kind of movie
  i don't care to think i'm just another person wasting thier mind
View Results

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:53 pm
After history Professor John Oldman unexpectedly resigns from the University, his startled colleagues impulsively invite themselves to his home, pressing him for an explanation. But they're shocked to hear his reason for premature retirement: John claims he must move on because he is a 14,000 year old caveman, and cannot stay in one place for more than ten years without his secret being discovered. Tempers rise and emotions flow as John's fellow professors attempt to poke holes in his story, but it soon becomes clear that his tale is as impossible to disprove as it is to verify. What starts out as a friendly gathering soon builds to an unexpected and shattering climax.

MUCH more to it than that. it's a highly captivating movie . . . even had my cousin's attention, who has the attention span of a squirrel on crack

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/
for reviews and some information on it . . .

i HIGHLY suggest you watch it if you're a fan of true scifi, the kinds that make you think. outer limits being the only one i can think of at the present moment.

written by jerome bixby
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Bixby

a quote from one of the characters which i find hilarious

"Edith, I was raised on the Torah, my wife on the Qu'Ran, my eldest son is an Atheist, my youngest is a scientologist, my daughter is studying Hinduism, I imagine there is room there for a holy war in my living room, but we practice live and let live. "

if only everyone could think like that  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:58 pm
This post conains spoilers, it's a bulletin i wrote on myspace for my friends to see. it was written by myself so i'm sorry for whatever inconsistencies there may be. if you wish to read it it's in white text. highlight it in order to read.

white text used to aviod spoiling the movie for those who do not want that.

it's about a professor who is leaving after teaching for 10ish years . . . his friends come over to say goodbye they happen to be an archaeologist, anthropologist, biologist, literaturist, psychologist, a previous student who's dating her own professor, and his love interest. the perfect group to provide the questions needed to try and find out if he's true or not . . .

he ends up stating that he is a caveman who has lived for 14,000 years once he learned to learn he learned to move on every so often to avoid people getting angry or in modern times avoid ending up in a lab.

he talks of meeting a few very famous historical figures a couple include van gogh and Columbus.

he explains his life his solitary view through the years, think of how much we hear about on the news in a year that we miss out on . . . yet think of how much we experience . . . he describes it on his scale of 14,000 years

he has had enough time to realize things we wouldn't have thought of . . . they realize things he hadn't thought of . . . since they fear death more so than he since he hasn't died in 14,000 years

a VERY thought provoking film, what if you lived that long ? how much would you see . . . how many people you cared about would you leave behind as they died and you didn't lovers, children, friends . . . how much would you miss since in the end you are one person . . . no longer having a home to return to since, even in this day in age, a decade could make where you grew up no longer home . . . imagine that on a scale of that magnitude . . .

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:51 am
This sounds like a movie I'd really enjoy. Thanks for recommending it!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:24 pm
yes i RARELY recommended movies unless it is, to me, a truly great piece of art . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

mccullars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:20 am
sounds like something i would rather enjoy
thanks for putting it here  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:55 am
i watched it yesterday (again thanks for recommending it)
it was very interesting and the ending was such a shock to me, tho i should have known

and the fact that the actors had a connection to Jerome Bixby through his other works, made it all the more interesting  

mccullars

Itsumo_Dreamer

Dangerous Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:52 pm
o.o wow i want to watch it now
;] thanks for sharing <3  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Manage Your Items