Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
We need a "Nitpicks" thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think a "Nitpicks" thread would be a good idea?
  Yes. The forums are a bit cluttered.
  No. Each annoyance should have its own time to shine.
  Other / Explained in post / Poll troll
View Results

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:53 am
I propose a new thread/sticky be created for the minor grammatical errors that bother you but aren't truly worthy of being their own thread or "horror story." For example, Gaia's "Alert Me of Comments" is annoying, but shouldn't really be its own thread. There can be one thread where all of the small annoyances go.

Do you agree? Disagree? Have any nitpicks of your own?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:14 pm
I do agree, but I do believe that the forums are not "cluttered" as you say, nor am I particularly worried about it ever being a problem. I really think that its not that big of a deal; more convenience.

Also, I do know where that quote if from. xd  

terramaster

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:52 am
Maybe not "cluttered," but there are quite a few threads that die quickly and do nothing more than take up space. We could consolidate them and give future topics like that a home.

Hah. I knew someone would. What do you think for the second part of the question?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:40 am
Remember the question repository thread? That didn't work so well. I think we should just let people create new threads. We don't really have that much activity in here anyway.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:31 pm
I've been checking in on the guild more recently before, and I have noticed less activity than before. Does anyone know what happened?

Was the "question repository thread" you spoke of stickied? Or was it another I am unaware of?  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games