Submit

Digimon, Digital Monsters
  Digimon Are The Champions
View Results

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:51 pm
I remember the days when you wanted to put a ******** "`" in your username, you could. Or "[ ]".

]: Wtf Gaia? Wtf?

And dear God the name is close to an already made name. DEAR GOD.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:00 pm
The [] things mess up quoting in the forums.
><
Not sure about the ` thing...
D:
And the close name thing is kinda cruddy...
; ~;
I wanna NekoGoddess who isn't a nublet...

Rathmanian

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:14 pm
Does it? Dx Cause I like using it for names like this: [R]oxas.

I don't think the ` messes quotes up though. I've quoted a friend with that thing in their name and it was fine.~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:26 pm
The taking out of the brackes was, I think, to stop people from making fake NPC accounts. A buncha scammers were making them, and probably more idiots were falling for their scams than they are now without the brackets around NPC.

And the similar name thing is because you can stick spaces in names now without it having to cost anything. Plus, I dunno about you, but I'd be pretty annoyed if someone else could have the name "Night Intent."

I have no idea about the ` thing, either.  

NightIntent

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:38 pm
I just don't like it when I put a lot of spaces in something like "A k u s e r u" which is a lot of spaces when the empty account with the name Akuseru has no spaces. But I can't have it either. D:

I tried making an account one time with the word Gaia in it, and it said I couldn't.
So the person with the name Gaiaman is really lucky to have his name.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:41 pm
I'm knda glad we don't have brackets anymore. But the` thing didn't hurt anyone.

However the "lol you can't have this name because its close to someone elses" is kinda fail.

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:51 am
I remember one guy's name was something like ^-^ or something. It was funny, but now it can never happen again. =[

I think it's stupid. Who cares if two people have similar names. Of all of the thousands of people on Gaia, what are the chances you're going to encounter that person and get confused about which one you are because of it. Or whatever reason they had for bringing that in. >>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:39 am
The bracket thing is understandable and the not having access to ` is just kind of weird. But the name similar to another user's name is just pure bullshit (Sorry for the language). The fact is that if you see that person in the forums/guild, who cares (and people on their friends list should be able to distinguish whos who).  

mAn-kAt

welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff