Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Misplaced Apostrophes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:54 am
Wow, old thread. I've been away from this guild for so long that I don't even remember seeing this one when it was new.

I find it even more annoying when shops misuse the apostrophe inconsistently. For example, "CD's" on one stand and then "CDs" on another. (I suppose the idea is to have both versions so that at least one of them will be right. in this case, it's true that one is right, but it also makes it more obvious that the other is wrong.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:20 am
The MoUsY spell-checker
Wow, old thread. I've been away from this guild for so long that I don't even remember seeing this one when it was new.

I find it even more annoying when shops misuse the apostrophe inconsistently. For example, "CD's" on one stand and then "CDs" on another. (I suppose the idea is to have both versions so that at least one of them will be right. in this case, it's true that one is right, but it also makes it more obvious that the other is wrong.)

Well, it's even worse when there's two versions on the ONE sign.

Quote:
...relaxing water features and calming buddha's

AHHHH!!!

There is nothing relaxing or calming about that sign. I saw it today and said, "I must tell the Grammar Guild!"  

Mr Enigma Girl

Wheezing Capitalist

6,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items