Reply Buying and Advice
GLOCK or 1911 Modified Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabotabby

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:12 am
1911 - its easier to get parts for after TSHTF.

.22 will kill a person if it goes in an artery and travels or a freak shot or hits a vital organ and they can't get help but even 9mm is pretty cheap and it makes a nicer size hole in things. .45 is even better and you can reload both of those rounds. The nieghbor just shot his dad in the neck with a .22 and it didn't even knock him down. The bullet went into his neck and traveled down into his shoulder where it still sits. His dad was standing up and talking softly when the sheriff arrived. I like the One shot .... one kill theory. I'd get the 1911! And if TSHTF there will be more enemy 1911's and guns that handle .45 laying around on corpses than there will be .22's. And more ammo also. At least thats what I'm thinking. Gads ... I feel morbid now.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:00 pm
Colt 45, but make sure it's well tested.

Last time I visited my gun shop, a fellow had one of the nice boxed factory Colts, but was complaining how fussy it was over what ammo it would function reliably with.

The guy I trusted behind the counter suggested it may need a bit of machine work to loosen the slide up. This specific model was famous for tight specs. But at least it won't fracture and explode after a couple thousand rounds pass through it.

And as far as the discussion of what would be a common handgun round one might find in the wake of a disaster, my money is on the following.

.22 long rifle
.357 Magnum
9MM
.40 S&W
.45ACP

The logic is that one will find a lot of pistol ammo in the aftermath of a disaster. Cops will cary their normal issue plus cary conceal. This means you'll see a lot of .357 Magnum and .40 S&W. The military will still have a mix of 9MM and .45, depending on the mission.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 pm
I think, in the US, the easiest rifle ammo to find would be either .30-06, or .223.

since .22 works in both, it's the most common in the US period.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:29 pm
Old Lord Brocktree
IAmTheMovement
OberFeldwebel
IAmTheMovement
I am pondering weather to buy the Glock or the 1911 with the .22 kit

Its a tough decision they are both the gods of handguns.

The 1911 wont explode.

rofl
I'm joking but anyways, I'd suggest the 1911 because well they're my favorite type and like you said there's a .22 kit so you can do some plinking with it.

no plinking for me
i want it as more a hunting gun
(.22 can take out middle sized animals, and people)
so yha
bird hunting aught o be fun
plus in its usual .45 or .40 mode it can be used to hunt big game
lots o fun there

Legally you can't hunt much with a .22, much bigger than a squirrel actually.

and if they catch you, they take your gun, if you're lucky.

You can hunt coons with a .22  

Man of the Demoneye

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas