Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
Facts about Wi-Fi (some good, some bad) *may contain spoiler

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mana Spirit Luna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:42 pm
There are a few things that I thought people knew but they did not. So, to inform the people, I'm posting this note. Below are some things that are common misconceptions about Wi-Fi play.

1) There will only be 64 Friend Codes for Brawl. Not 100 Friend Codes like your Wii.

2) If you play online "With Anyone," you'll notice that you cannot play 1v1 matches, there is only 2 minute time matches (not stock), and what items that are turned off are determined by lottery. As you can see, when you click Basic Brawl, it will go to the character screen without letting you choose.

3) You cannot use spectator mode to record other's matches. Spectator mode is completely random and you cannot choose to watch a friend's matches. READ the sentences carefully. Spectator Mode is basically like a broadcast, its the same for everyone, it is RANDOM. If you notice, it's under the "With Anyone" menu, not the "With Friends" menu.

4) up to 3 people can use the same Wii to play an online match with someone else over Wi-Fi

5) all hidden characters and stages come unlocked yet you can only choose characters that are unlocked on your disc.

6) you cannot use custom created stages online no matter what, not even with people you have exchanged your brawl code with.

---

I have played brawl online both with people i have traded my code with and useing the with anyone option.

the "with anyone" option severly restricts your game play but i suppose its ok to kill 2 minutes of your time.

the "with friends" options lifts most restrictions that the "with anyone" option has. this includes customizabe matches, types of matchs, items and team matches. you can also fight 1 vs 1 matches as well. however stages created useing the stage builder are not avaliable online no matter what.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:49 pm
ah, disappointed you can't set anyone matches to stock or all items of.....
but i'm glad more than one person on the same wii can play wifi at a time! biggrin

and 64 friends sounds good to me  

pajama monkey

Sito Sama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:13 am
Wow they should give abit more freedom in online matches, hopefully updates will come out to make changes in the near future 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 pm
Sito Sama
Wow they should give abit more freedom in online matches, hopefully updates will come out to make changes in the near future 3nodding

i think is ok like that,
u play with anyone with the basic rules, if u come changin the items, stages , stocks, etc, the people that u r going to be able to play will be reduced because they would have the same specifications as u  

RWTHTMM

10,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

areo5000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:04 am
RWTHTMM
Sito Sama

i think is ok like that,
u play with anyone with the basic rules, if u come changin the items, stages , stocks, etc, the people that u r going to be able to play will be reduced because they would have the same specifications as u

i just wish we could set it to 3-5 lvl stock match  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 am
”Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian.”

User Image
User Image

----------------------------------

Actually you can go into 1-on-1 matches. I brawled Link (I was Peach... I slaughtered him) alone in 'Play Anyone'.

And as far as I know the manual states that online is one player meaning that only one person can use a single Wii, not multiple people. My brothers and I have tried.

I know this was made back in February, but I just thought I'd clear up a few things.

----------------------------------

User Image
User Image

”You’re so great. I love you.”

Captain S McBobble

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items