Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilybud17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 pm
well...i guess the topic is the question that i'm wondering

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:18 pm
I would say:
Hang around the forum, obviously.
Post in threads offering both numbers and suggestions or opinions.
Ask for advice on your own avatar, then accept criticism well!
That's it, really.
Just have fun. ^___^ heart

alhandra patchoulii

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 am
Lurk less...
Learn much...
Try not to become a clone. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:20 pm
ohh i see. how do you get accepted as a AT member?

lilybud17

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:56 am
It'll take time... Nobody is accepted as an ATer immediately. Gotta mesh yourself into our lil' society.

Get to know some of us, Become an artist with the avatar as your canvas, The former being somewhat more important than the latter.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:31 pm

I think more people will accept you into AT if you're more humble and less vain. o wo I'm not saying you ARE vain--I don't even know you, so I can't judge xd --but I know for a fact that I don't like new people who come in like this:

"kso.
        i'm new here.
        but i want to know what you all think about my avatar. cool
        i don't rate back talk2hand "
        and then when you get a bad rate, act like this:

" lol but your avatar sucks worse than mine."
        or something like that.

Modesty goes a long way; I've never met someone who doesn't like modest people. n___n;;;

One last thing: drama fuels the AT...but I wouldn't get involved in any of it. n__n;; If you have a neutral standpoint, I think people will like you more. surprised And don't be mean to noobs; you were there once too~! :3 And umm...oh yeah. Don't complain about "old AT" if you've only been in the AT for like...three months. e we

`Monox!de

Jibo Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:05 am
I think I remember having to kill a goat back in the day....

...anyways, it's like any social circle, gotta be interesting and active to get people to think "Hey I know her, she's cool." I think having a good sense of personal style helps as well, having an avatar that kind of sets you apart from the crowd helps. Be humble, like Mono said, don't act like you know everything right off the bat.

Reading Avatar Talk 101 Sticky by Candycrack helps you learn the dos and don'ts. I know it seems a drag to read alot of information, but being well informed gets you more respect. People will more likely respond to your threads if it looks like you know what you're doing.

Also just be yourself, you don't have to like everyone or kiss a**. Be honest when rating, be thankful when rated, and add intertesting thoughts into conversation.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:28 pm
I guess just to hang around. Rate people, go to the DR and create avatars for people, {I mean, it IS a subsection of AT} and be friendly. Don't be partial to anybody, and don't flame.  

Crimson Damson

Kiwi Popsicle

9,575 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:25 am
[Vomit King]
It'll take time... Nobody is accepted as an ATer immediately. Gotta mesh yourself into our lil' society.

Get to know some of us, Become an artist with the avatar as your canvas, The former being somewhat more important than the latter.

That makes us sound elitest and snobby. (No offense)
I would say just hang out there and post when possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:10 am
Kiwi Popsicle
[Vomit King]

Same is to be said of any social circle... I don't understand how that is elitist at all.  

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100

Deviant trash

Dapper Darling

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:08 am
Kiwi Popsicle
[Vomit King]

What he said is the truth though.
Like any social circle, you have to prove your presence when trying to gain acceptance. xp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 am
Prince 0f Cats
Kiwi Popsicle
[Vomit King]

What he said is the truth though.
Like any social circle, you have to prove your presence when trying to gain acceptance. xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pretty much. Its not an elitist thing its more of a society's way of saying PROVE YOURSELF BITCHES OR SUFFER OUR WRATH YOU MISERABLE SCUM!!! xd rofl

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
~Walt Kelly

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ No, you can't use my tribal images. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

McBitchy

Invisible Phantom

7,950 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:07 am
The best shortcut is by having sexual relations with all of the ATers.

Not really. cool

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games