Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Trim HELP?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:57 am
ok. So I'm trying to pull off this costume and I know I'm nuts for doing it, but whatever. Ok.

ISSUE: I hate this trim. There are indentions in the top and I don't know how to make the trim all one piece of fabric and make it bend like that. I kind of had an idea, but I don't wanna take the chance of botching the costume . . . any ideas on how to work this?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:16 pm
I don't get it? Cut it? No ou don't want to cut it >.> take the center fold it up a bit, and keep it up, and the ends down. Pin it. and sew.
Your making this in red cloth and green embroidery on the edges? right?
This might not make sense. I made it with a piece of paper but I suck at explaining things >.<  

claviclebone

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 pm
I know how to do the trim . . . the indention is what I'm worried about.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:08 am
The indentation will be tricky- it depends on how you're making the costume. If you're making the shirt "from scratch" you can modify the pattern by cutting what looks like a 30-60 triangle off the corner and then using the trim to stop it from fraying once the pieces are together (I'd use bias tape for the trim).

If you're say, converting a t-shirt, I'd still use bias tape, but after cutting the shirt to the desired length, I'd lay it out so the side-seams are together, pin the whole thing so it doesn't move, and then use a triangle pattern piece I'd made to make sure the indentations are the same size, and finish off the whole bottom edge with bias tape to stop it from fraying.

However, a word of warning- this looks like one of those costumes where physical probability didn't exactly go into the design process. I'd strongly suggest wearing a very solid black or red bikini top under the top to prevent unintentional flashing.  

Blue-eyes-green

Minathia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:30 pm
try out the corner bit that you want with origami first to figure out the fold, then do it with the fabric and pin it in place.

shouldn't be too hard, i think  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff