Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:40 pm
AIM RP Log between Felyn & Tisiphone
Aviva'Kauli & Boma'Burudi

The red-orange eyes of the green lioness panned over the beach, making sure there weren't any predators about. She was surprisingly good with the cub, despite what her existance meant to the older lioness. She was, for sure, a mother in at least her actions. She didn't need a blood relation to care for the pretty thing. "Alright, just don't go far," she finally said, and sat herself down on a rock to oversee the cub's playing along the beach. There truly weren't many predators or threats inside of Kiza - the jungle protected them from the back, and the ocean from the front. She'd see anyone walking on the beach before they got there, of course.

"What a life," she sighed out, though it was certainly pleasant. Since that fateful night that Mundoo had stopped her from leaving, things had been going very well. She felt like, for once, she was safe and belonged some where. This place was somewhere to live, but Mundoo.. he made it home.

The goddess of minerals wandered slowly, heading in the wrong direction from her next mission in life, she was supposed to be seeing her eldest son, a boy she only knew the name of, Tetemeko. A trip to the ocean always seemed to calm her nerves and relax her body, the siamese looking goddes had many underwater caves off of this coast that she hid in when times seemed to be too tough.

Debating on the location of one of her lesser visited caves Boma'burudi spotted a large green group of foliage mixed with some sort of red flower as she approached it she realized that it was a lioness looking over the sandy beach. Pulling in a deep unneeded breath Boma continued on her way, assuming that if the lioness wanted to speak she would initiate the conversation.

Aviva's red-orange eyes shifted, spotting the other with a quirk of her brow. She pushed herself up and a little closer to where the cub frolicked, making sure that she'd be between the lioness and the little girl once the stranger got close. As the other continued to close the distance between them, however, she noticed something she wasn't quite expecting - wings! She knew what that meant. She'd travelled far and wide, and though she'd never met a god or goddess, she knew the rumors.

"Hello there," she called, not too cheerily, but conversationally none-the-less. Her tail flickering behind her, waving the blue tuft calmly.

Unlike Aviva Boma had met many gods and goddesses, not always good ones or bad ones but one thing was certain each mortal too the presence fo a god different. She had seen a mortal attack a god only to die, or seen a mortal court a god and bear his cubs. She gave a toothy smile and realized why the brightly colored lioness moved into the position she did, she was protecting her young.

"Good day, isn't it?" she called back, she feigned happiness for the mortal, "Traveling through, do you know the way to the pride lands through her?" She was going to play lost for this female, she knew exactly where the lands lay.

Aviva had no reason not to trust what the goddess was saying, and thus she believed exactly what she said. By first impressions, the female didn't seem to be much of a threat to the cub, so she relaxed someone - not quite all the way. She stayed where she was, but her smile brightened.

"Very fine day, yes," she said happily enough, a slight purr on her tone. "Oh, yes I do. Would you like me to show you to the border that lies closest to them? It might take a little longer than normal, what with the cub and all, but I can if you're lost." She smiled affecionately back towards the cub, then glanced back at Boma. She felt she was being cautious enough. Misae probably would have known if anyone dangerous was coming into the lands and would have sent someone to tell her by now. The seer queen was a very careful woman when it came to the cubs.

"If you would not mind? Or possibly just point a paw in the right direction," her two toned eyes scanned from the lioness and what Boma Boma at first assumed was her young, however the cub looked absolutely nothing like the presumed mother. "Cubsitting?" she purred. She had always been affectionate to mortal children, she enjoyed their innocence and inquisitiveness.

"I'm Boma by the way," she introduced her self puffing out her chest. She had recently groomed herself and looked shiny from head to toe her gems glittered and her feathers sparkled, "Like I said though, if you could point the way, I wouldn't want to be trouble."

"Cubsitting? I suppose, in a way. She belongs to my.. love interest." She laughed softly, hesitating on saying 'mate' exactly. That's what they both looked forward to, but for now it was best not to assume. "I'm raising her, with him, since the mother is a bird no one can cage." Despite it all, she truly did think fondly of Nyoni, no matter the problems she had caused. Like she and Mundoo fondly remembered, however, the storm before made one appreciate the calm afterward that much more.

"I'm Aviva," she said with a dipped bow, taking in the sparkling gems that dotted the other's coat with quite a bit of interest. She would soon belong to a pride that loved to cover themselves in jewelry of all sorts, and she had an eye for it herself. She just smiled appreciatively at the sight of them shining and turned her attention back to the female's face. "It wouldn't be any trouble. I travel through the jungle all the time - I know my way there and back with my eyes closed. The little one does too."

Boma wondered if Kubwa would have raised Tetemeko in this way had he found a mate soon after his birth. She smiled though, mortals appreciated love in a different way, a way she could not understand. "pleasure to meet you, Aviva, and an interesting way to raise a child." She smirked, "Well then, my lady lead the way!"

Boma admired the others coat but for other reasons, she had only ever seen someone with so much color that was a god and a demi-god, she had never seen a lioness that was so bright. How she would flip if she ever met a certain neon colored pride.

Aviva paused at the mention of how 'interesting' it was. She furrowed her brows, thinking, then let her smile return with a small roll of her shoulders. "I suppose it is. I do it because I love her father. That, and she needs a mother. As kind as Mundoo is to her, I'd not like to see how she'd turned out with just a male." She chuckled, shrugging once more, "perhaps if she was male, but a female needs a lady."

"Come on, sweetheart!" she called out, waiting only long enough for the cub to catch up before she started into the jungle. She glanced back to make sure that the female was following before she began to pick her way through the foliage of the jungle underfoot. "So what brings you out this way?"

If that was true than Kubwa must have raised Boma's son to be a fine man, but why would it matter? She assumed that a parent was a parent was a parent. She watched as the child caught up and followed Aviva into the jungle, her bulky form finding it a little harder to just pick through the jungle as she moved she stumbled and kept moving correcting any errors she made in stride with the tree frog female.

"I love the sea, there is something hypnotic about it, I have not been here in some time, possibly a year or so," she was not quite sure, time flowed oddly for her, it felt like she had come above the earth years ago. "There is a pride here then, I'd suppose so..."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:15 pm
Aviva held the belief that it was always best for a female to be raised with female influence and a male to be raised with male influence. Sure, there were single parents all across the world that raised their children just fine that way, but she always felt as if a female benefited more from a mother than she did a father.

"As do I," she said with a small smile, slowing her pace so that Boma wouldn't find it so hard to keep up. She forgot that those wings probably hindered her a lot more than they helped in the jungle. "I came for the sea and the waves, but fell in love with the jungle." Her own muse was, in fact, the trees - though she'd not come to that quite yet. "The pride, and the lions in it, make it that much greater. They are a peaceful kind, with a love of songs."

As if reading Aviva's mind about her wings she felt her body be tugged backwards as her left wing was caught in the bark of a tree, the metal scoring it's bark and yanking through it. She winced, but was used to her feathers being tugged out in the same manner. Hoping the lioness did not notice, for it would harm the goddess' pride. She pulled her wings in tightly against her body leaving behind quite a few feathers.

"I'm sure they would enjoy the melody of the earth then," she answered oddly and then decided to elaborate, "the domain I rule has to do with below the ground, and I can hear stones are rocks speak. So there is a pride, I'm suprised I have never run into any of them, I usually just see fish here," she joked light heartedly.

Aviva heard the noise, but only flickered an ear. She let her eyes remain forward, only shifting to look at the cub that walked along with them every now and then. She knew what pride was and she knew how it could be injured. She pretended not to notice, though she could guess what the sound was. Her tail just flickered, wavering behind her, as she kept her pace.

"Oh, they claim to hear that," she said with a small smile, only turning to look at her once she was sure the goddess was walking once more. "They speak to the wind, the earth, the ocean - to all of it. They are truly creatures intuned with nature. Each has its own muse, so to speak, that they are closer to than anything else. It is part of their beliefs." She did, however, laugh softly at her mention of the rarity of seeing a lion here. "They are.. very small. I believe they are newly reformed, after a long time gone and some unfortunate events in the past." She didn't know all the little details.

She inhaled feeling happy that Aviva got her jokes and that she was nice enough to help her 'find her way.' "Really then? I've never met a mortal who could hear the earth, perhaps when my business is over I will come back and speak with them, you say they are peaceful, towards gods as well?" She weaved and picked her feet up to avoid stepping on prickly looking plant.

"It's kind of you to show me away, especially with the little one in toe," she thanked her companion and then fell silent. She usually did well in confined spaces but she was suddenly feeling cloustrophobic. "Is it much farther?"

She nodded, glancing to the sparkling lioness carefully, picking her way quite gracefully through the foliage that seemed to be giving the larger form a bit of trouble. "Yes, they are truly the kindest pride I have ever come across. They do not condone violence of any sort. Their sole plan if a violent force threatens them is to evacuate quickly as possibly." She shook her head at the thought, though it was a good moral to live by. That was Mundoo's very job - to ge the pride out should there be a threat. "They would welcome anyone, god or not, though I've never heard their specific take on them. Being of the earth itself would probably go a long way with them." She smirkd lightly at the way she walked, but turned her head away so she would not see. She knew not everyone could be as easy in the jungle as she was.

"No, actually, we are almost there." She nodded ahead of them where the trees were thinner, the sunlight coming in more brightly. She could smell the unease of the other, feel it in the air. She glanced around for the cub once more, then set a smile upon her maw as they finally broke free of the trees. "Travel that way," she pointed with a paw to emphasize the direction, "And you should find yourself in the pridelands soon enough."

Boma let out a sigh of relief as the open became clearer to her, she would come back to this pride and meet with them, listen to what they think the earth sounds like, she was sure of it. But, until that time came she needed to keep her eye on what was at stake, it was silly of her to get so side tracked with thoughts of the calming ocean. She needed it though, and meeting this new kind lioness was a stress relief in itself.

"Sounds like a smart plan indeed, perhaps I will see you again Aviva, and meet your love 'interest,'" she purred and continued to walk breathing a long sigh of releif as they broke away from the tree line, "I'll continue on then, it was nice meeting you," she looked down at the cub she neglected to speak with, "and you little one." With that she started on towards a very important meeting, a very worrisome meeting.

Aviva gave her a small nod of departure, dipping her head. She had never met a goddess before this, but if they were at all like Boma, then perhaps she would not mind so much meeting another. She knew, for a fact, that she would love to meet Boma again. She was a beautiful goddess, and kind - this was a good experience for anyone.

"Perhaps we will meet again, and you will be able to meet Mundoo as well," she said with her own purring tone. "May the earth grace you in your passage, Boma, and I hope that you arrive wherever it is your heart is leading you to soon." She watched the goddess as she began to disappear into the distance, then turned with cub in tow to vanish back into her beloved jungle.

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces