Reply The Official Australian Guild
Sorry Day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:17 am
What do we think? I personaly think it was loveley, though I only got to see it today in aasembly. It's about time we had a government with the balls to apologise, and its an important part of history.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:29 pm
I was at the doctors so i couldn't watch it neutral
But it sounded pretty rad to me. biggrin  

Continental Circus

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:29 pm
I have my own reservations about this, and I won't go into it in much detail. Or any for that matter in fear of being called a racist bigot.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:05 pm
Would it help if I called you one in advance so it was over and done with? xd  

King Of Ninjas

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 am
No it wouldn't as I don't believe myself to be. I just have an intellectual objection.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 am
I think it's good that it was done, but I thought the speech was a little drawn out and like he was trying to convince us that it was tragic, simply by saying it was.
Mind. It was early, and that may have shortened my attention span....  

Ellshiz

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:32 pm
Ellshiz
I think it's good that it was done, but I thought the speech was a little drawn out and like he was trying to convince us that it was tragic, simply by saying it was.

Are you saying it wasn't tragic?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:30 pm
spooky_sez
Ellshiz

Are you saying it wasn't tragic?

oh crap, no! that's not what i meant.
i just meant that it seemed like he was slipping in the word tragic at every moment and it seemed a little redundant and repetitive. though i guess it could be taken as a sign of respect.
hm. i haven't really talked about it. most of the people around me merely commented that it was boring. :  

Ellshiz

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 am
I haven't heard the speech yet. The news broadcasts show Kevin Rudd giving the speech but not the actual speech itself. I didn't even know that it was happening and then it was all over. I thought it was going to be a bigger affair than what it was.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:06 am
DNA_Guru, I understand you on that.

(Although, my issue was that some people in the local area are quite the opposite in the basic idea of a "racist bigot" basically. I tend to ignore it now as it becomes quite over-hyped in my area, especially at my school in which a group of students causing the trouble mucked up when we had some Politicians' visit to give my school awards for winning the Rock Eisteddfod - National last year which lead to all students who are listed as Australian and/or of non-Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent having to join in on a mass apology to those Indigenous Students and to the visiting Politicians).

But other than that, I guess it was about time and/or was expected to happen.

But other than that, I guess... that I saw it as more of a neutral matter (the only reason that I may become somewhat annoyed is that if the Indigenous community continue to push for a law that places them above National Law just for the continuous effects, after the Government has made a national apology). sweatdrop  

Enetirnel

The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff