Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Demon Dispelling? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:30 pm
ive heard the brick dust one before but i dont remember from where.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:33 pm
I heard about the brick dust one too. It was from a movie that was talking about hoodoo. I think it was The Skeleton Key or something like that. It said that if you put brick dust in a doorway that anyone (or anything I guess) that wishes you harm can't pass. I don't know how much truth was included in the movie though.  

Foxmore

Suelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:33 am
xXx kitsy xXx
WitchyBoy
The gypsy Queen
xXx kitsy xXx
Beatrice_McDumples
I did think about using incense to get rid of the spirits, using chants too. Its just that spirits fasinate me, and I wonder if possesions like the ones you see on tv really do happen.

tv=entertanment.
entertainment=fake.

rules of life, it seems. has been this way even before the tv, when it was just
entertainment=fake.

ya, sad but true fact. i hate hearing, "thats how they did it on that one show..." lol.

it is sad but whats not on tv now a days?

what's not?
decent people with a sense of shame.

wow.Touche.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:16 pm
Foxmore
I heard about the brick dust one too. It was from a movie that was talking about hoodoo. I think it was The Skeleton Key or something like that. It said that if you put brick dust in a doorway that anyone (or anything I guess) that wishes you harm can't pass. I don't know how much truth was included in the movie though.

My automatic disclaimer is that I'm a greenhorn, but I can have a thing or two to say from conversations with people that know their stuff =)

I've seen the movie, and hoodoo itself isn't something I know much about, but symbolism is. There are some things (like salt, and the earth itself) that are universally seen as good by all practitioners, no matter the religion. But some things are more symbolic, and they draw power from that fact alone. If you have a certain piece of jewelry (as discussed in a certain thread) even if it isn't a blessed piece of pure silver or something, it can still have protective qualities based off of the energy of the wearer. I have a friend that knows a lot about this stuff who discussed this with me before....

But as for the actual power of the brick, I don't know. I'm going to assume that there is an actual meaning it somewhere, but from what I can tell just the fact that you believe strongly in it would help it work. Kind of like consecration I guess.

And again, if I sound like I know exactly what I'm talking about [an am wrong] I apologize sweatdrop  

Rainbow Holocaust

iRayneMoon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm
I've heard of protection spells but ones to make evil spirits leave I'm unsure of. I think I heard somewhere about a wiccca spell to stop ghosts from haunting your house or you. Maybe that's similar to a protection spell though. Unsure. Maybe try a Wicca book? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:37 pm
I say draw them into a pentagram made of salt then burn sage and sandlewood around them and use a few dispel spells ( You make them on your own to make them more powerful, but be careful in your wording) I've done it before it can get ugly. But once banished use salt and water in a bath tub and cleanse the possesy of any negative energy. lol that works for me >.<  

[Son of the Sun]

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games