Event #2 CHARITY

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 pm
Last time we hosted an event, our former crewmember Fagon did a bang-up job with the VJ. We had a great showing and got to know eachother a lot better.
With our new event comes a new crew member, chii motosua. Please make her feel welcome, members.
As for the event, this next week, starting the 21st of Feb.- 28th of Feb. we will be hosting our second event, a guild-wide charity. As Christians, the Bible tells us the importance of charity in the lives of the believer. Here are but a few examples from the Scriptures:

1 Cor. 16:14
Let all your things be done with charity.

Col. 3:13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is hte bond of perfectness.

1 Tim. 1:5
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

1 Tim. 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:01 pm
So, without further ado, the event information:

Rules for all Event Participants

1. Chose one person per day to give to. This can be a fellow Christian, a new Gaian, a fellow guild member, a non-believer, even an avid Christian-basher.
2. Chose a gift that's worth giving. Gold is always nice, so are items over 50 gold. This is not a "let's get rid of our junk" event. When you give, be mindful of the person recieving the gift and your Christian testimony with that person. Some ideas might be to check their wishlist or the colors their avi is wearing to find the right gift.

3. When your gift is given, make sure to put "From a member of Benaiah's Den" in the message box. Anonymous gifts are nice, but can be mistaken as gifts from friends. We want them to know they are being blessed by a specific group of caring people.

4. Post your experiences here! I always feel super when I give, and enjoy sharing blessings from charity. Maybe the person you give to sent you a thankful PM, or maybe they express interest in the guild- you can post that! Feel free to post any encouraging feelings, uplifts or blessings you recieved through this event as well.

Ok.
Get ready!
Get set!
Let's give!

Beth Turner
Captain

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 am
Well, it's only been two days into the charity event and I've already had a person I gave to PM me. She asked me why I had given her a gift. When I told her, she didn't know quite how to react, but she said thank you and that she appreciated it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:50 pm
I bought a cat tail for someone today. I haven't received a reply or anything, but oh well, it felt good to give something for no reason...hee hee. 3nodding  

Chii Motosua
Crew

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:24 pm
Thank you to all members who participated in the guild activity this week. It was nice to get a few Pm's about your experiences.
Just because our event has stopped doesn't mean that you should stop giving though! We are to give and make a habit out of it.

Never stop giving!

Beth heart

Questions and Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces