Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Depressed...I am in need of help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Vicious

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:57 pm
I have been slipping in and out of depression for about the past 7 months. I feel alone. I keep emotions locked inside. I am overwhelmed by pain. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm fighting every day, and I'm tired of fighting. I want to give up. No more fighting, I'm done. I do not think this is a very organized post, but I just don't know what to say. I need help. I desperately want to die.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:44 pm
I know from experience that sometimes life really sucks. There are days when it is all I can do to get up and keep going, but I also know (again from experience) that things to eventually get better.

Please...if you are feeling in anyway like you are going to harm yourself please call this number 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They can help you, 24 hours a day, and best of all it's free. If you need to talk, but don't want the rest of Gaia to know your business you can feel free to PM me. Otherwise please take care of yourself.

B  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:31 pm
im in the same position right now if u look up grief in the guilds 2 guilds will show up i got into one of them about suicide but i havent gotten a reply from the other about depression try getting in they might help u i'll recomend the one im in now for u  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 pm
⊕--------

I'm sorry to hear that hun. Try to remember that feelings are like rain. You need them to survive and they come and go. When you find yourself thinking thoughts about suicide try to pull them away from yourself. Think about the ways it will affect the people around you if you were to die. Think about how much your family would morn for you. I'll tell you something that my brother tells me every time I start to get introverted. "Stop being so selfish. People live in much worse situations than you." Harsh and not what you want to hear, at all, but it helps me when I want to self harm again.

The Lifeline number too2sweet gave you is a great thing to keep handy. The people that work there are simply amazing at there job.

-------⊕

Pixie Pasha

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 pm
I had the same thought last night, and am still pretty much in the same place. I do hope that you feel better. Of that you've gotten better.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I went through this stage in my life already and I can tell you that it does turn out better in the end.
Keep Strong, Hold your head up high, Push forward.
You've got people to back you up.
If you need to talk give me a PM.
There are a lot of people in this guild who can help you.
Or at least listen.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 pm
Sometimes life gets really difficult. Sometimes you just.. can't imagine getting over it.
Just take it one day at a time. And believe that it will get better. Don't just expect it to, believe it will, MAKE it get better. Find something you enjoy and do it.

And talk to people. Expressing yourself can really help your feelings..  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:10 pm
Everyone here has given very good advice. I suffer from depression and will slip into it from time to time myself. Hell, I've was hospitalized twice for it in my younger days. It takes real courage to stick it out, and even more courage to see that what is tearing you down can be used to build you up. I'll reiterate this though it was brought up before but do something to express those emotions, physically and mentally. Exercise is always a good physical expression, find an activity that you like and do it. For mentally expression, you could do art, music, or writing. Keep strong and remember you are not alone. There's the Lifeline and many of us here who have been where you are at now.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

skywalkerlover

IRL Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 am
I absolutly hate depression, but sometimes it can't be helped. With me, I listen to calming music, one cd I listen to a lot is A delicate dependency music for vampires, or i just look up wicca/witch/pagan chants on youtube.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games