Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World! +More!!!

Back to Guilds

Tags: shonen-ai, yaoi, poll, anime, manga 

Reply The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World
What do you look for in shonen-ai/yaoi?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you look for?
  good story
  good art
  hot steamy parts
  fluff
  two or more of the above.
  other.
View Results

JinnyKisaragi
Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:56 am
I don't see a shonen-ai/yaoi and automatically like it just cause the gay guys. I feel the need for a good story. I like the idea of having a story with anything I watch really. I prefer action or comedy. I also like horror too sometimes as long as it's anime... I get too scared of live horror... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:50 pm
Plot and art style play a major role in weather or not I'll watch it. There are some things I won't watch just because the art style hurts my eyes. However if it doesn't have a decent background story I'm not going to watch it ether. (I ADD at times and if the story doesn't hold my attention chances are you'll find me on the other side of the room looking out the window rather then watching it.)  

Samt03
Captain

Deadly Elder

JinnyKisaragi
Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 am
samt03
Plot and art style play a major role in weather or not I'll watch it. There are some things I won't watch just because the art style hurts my eyes. However if it doesn't have a decent background story I'm not going to watch it ether. (I ADD at times and if the story doesn't hold my attention chances are you'll find me on the other side of the room looking out the window rather then watching it.)

XD I'm kinda similar. I get ADD too.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:02 am
depends on the situation i guess a good story/art sometimes, maybe other times i'm in th mood for reading some smut or fluffy stuff  

protecterofelements

Hagiri Kaname Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:40 pm
I look for a good , sad , romantic story and occasions funny  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:36 pm
Two or More of the Above. Art, Steam, and Story, in that order. It's gotta be pretty in a way that I can appreciate. It doesn't have to be the same style, either; I appreciate alot of styles. To me, there's no point without some hot steam, at least once. Story is always important, and sometimes just as important as Steam, but only sometimes. I really like these stories that come up in the YaoiHentai series. They are insane, but wondrously interesting.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Kamui Sumeragi Shirou

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:34 pm
Good history , art and of course Two or More of the Above ^^

::::: K U R O N E K O :::::

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:04 pm
A good history
See two beatifull bishonens
and many many love  

Minoru-MakubeX

CalmWinds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am
I mostly look for good art, but if it's not fantasy/supernatural, I'll read/watch it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:54 pm
Hagiri Kaname Sniper
I look for a good , sad , romantic story and occasions funny
Yeah i agree
with this but i also like average art to i dont like to watch things with cheezy graphics  

Kinaio Taichou

leo-amy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 am
hmm.. i look for good art, a pretty boy character, cuteness, and romance. of course, the plot has to be fairly good. The best shonen-ai i have come across is:

Sukiso: bad art *on the people sometimes*, but really cute and good story
Princess Princess: really bad plot, but i forgive it cause its pretty and funny
Boy princess: MY FAVORITE MANGA OF ALL TIME: great art, plot, and main character. it is also very funny
ALmost crying: because its soooo darn cute!!! Its so lovable. you have to like it!

I do like the cliche responses such as Loveless, gravitation, descendants of darkness, but personally, there fine but not GREAT.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 pm
I love it when they get into their feelings first, to where you practically actually know the characters, as if they were your best friends. Then there will be some really adorable scenes where you read it and then you blush and go "oh my god!!!" like some little girly girl. I love it when it makes you get very giddy. And then...something happens later where it makes you cry your eyeballs out, because nothing bad should happen to such (a) character(s).

Art is not such a major factor to me, but it still certainly counts. I hate the ones with 90s clothes/horrible fashions or when the characters look very little-kid cartoony. It makes me cringe  

Abandoned Angel X

Kitsu Maxwell

Shy Phantom

18,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 pm
I actually look more to the characters than anything. I like 'em feisty! wink If they don't have to fight to make things work it's not interesting to me. Art is only semi important to me. There are a few styles I cant stand, but mostly if the characters strike my fancy, I'll watch/read it. And steamy bits are nice, but not entirely necessary in my book. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:30 pm
:3 I haven't read or watched shonen-ai or yaoi in a long time..... I guess it's a case by case basis nowadays.....  

JinnyKisaragi
Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
The Shonen-ai & Yaoi Poll World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers