Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Pattern Issues::HELP:::

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ireth0283

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:28 pm
Hi,
I'm having problems understanding the way this pattern is set.

User Image

Here's the web site...

http://www.knittingatknoon.com/sunhatpatt.html

I'm wondering if someone can please translate this pattern row-by-row because the way that's set up, I just don't understand. I'd already tried knitting the pattern 5 times now and I'm getting really fraustrated. I've e-mailed the person who owns the web site, I guess, and he's not giving me straight answers. My last chance to get this right was coming on Gaia and ask anybody for help. I hope someone can help me with because I don't want to quit on the pattern. I'm not used to knitting patterns like this. I'm used to knitting them step-bystep, meaning row-by-row. I guess the standard way. Can someone help me, please?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:21 am
the hat is adorable.
I'll check it out and see if I can help
(and probably end up knitting it myself!)  

Kingyo~goldfish

Kingyo~goldfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:23 am
it seemed very easy to understand.
can you specify your problem?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:50 am
Well, you see, I'm an amateur knitter. I have about a year now that I learned knitting and the patterns that I've been knitting are set so differently from this one.

I'm so accustom to knitting...for example...

Like this....

Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: Purl

and so on.

You know, step-by-step. I know after I finish this project, I will be able to understand any other pattern setup like this one. I just need this pattern to be broken down in row pattern. You know? Like what to do each row and stuff. I really hope you can help me.  

Ireth0283

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

bookaholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:43 pm
The beginning of the pattern seems rather self-explanatory-- do you know how to knit in rounds? The first six rows are straightforward (but mark where the end of the row is so that you don't get lost later on).

Then, the next step is to increase, and so on. If you want me to go into better detail, pm me and I'll explain.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games