Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
THE COVER!!! :D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you obsessed with twilight?
NO WAY!!! I WILL ALWAYS BE OBSESSED WITH MY EDWARD.
31%
 31%  [ 32 ]
No, my obsession will always be with jacob.
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
yes, definitely.
64%
 64%  [ 65 ]
No. I just read twilight like any other book I read.
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 101

VompIr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:14 am
i have a friends who plays chess and i showed him the picture. he told me that the pawn is often thought of as the weakest peice by those who dont fully understand the game and the queen is thought to be the most powerful. but in truth the pawn is the most important peice. he mentioned the pawn is in no danger where it is situated, but the queen is open to attack from the pawn depending on how it moves. Bella is always the red figure on the covers so i think that someone is going to underestimate her abilities in this book. Jacob possibly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:34 am
Wow. I had no idea so many fan-made covers of Breaking Dawn existed. Good thing someone submitted the real one.

Anyway, the RED pawn most likely stands for a human, such as Bella, full of blood.

The Queen probably stands for Bella after her transformation. After becoming a vampire, Bella will be pale and powerful.  

couturerocks

HoshiOdessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:29 am
VompIr
i have a friends who plays chess and i showed him the picture. he told me that the pawn is often thought of as the weakest peice by those who dont fully understand the game and the queen is thought to be the most powerful. but in truth the pawn is the most important peice. he mentioned the pawn is in no danger where it is situated, but the queen is open to attack from the pawn depending on how it moves. Bella is always the red figure on the covers so i think that someone is going to underestimate her abilities in this book. Jacob possibly.

Wow, well if the cover represents anything in the story I would have to say you probably hit it on the mark. It sounds very likely that that will happen. Though, I still nurse the idea that the Volturi are what's going to be the one's who will underestimate her. I have this nagging feeling that it's going to be a battle between the Cullins and the Volturi. (With the help of the wolf pack that is.)

I can't wait to read the book and find out. I really hope that Bella will be able to kick some bad Vamp a** this time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:31 am
bustinrs2kickurs
All the covers also had something red on it. Hmmm maybe a diamond? Because of the wedding? But something would have to be red on it...

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!  

Kyden Sarita

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

xScarlet Bellax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:48 am
Hoshi Kenichi
VompIr

Wow, well if the cover represents anything in the story I would have to say you probably hit it on the mark. It sounds very likely that that will happen. Though, I still nurse the idea that the Volturi are what's going to be the one's who will underestimate her. I have this nagging feeling that it's going to be a battle between the Cullins and the Volturi. (With the help of the wolf pack that is.)

I can't wait to read the book and find out. I really hope that Bella will be able to kick some bad Vamp a** this time.

WOW!! that changes my thought on the book a little bit.. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:34 pm
shenene
Teh Toasted E m o
I've Just Had A Crazy Idea;

(Sorry if someone has already said this, but i can't be bothered to read through all the pages.. )

What if it's got Bella's bracelet on it, with the charms she has.

Or, Two people holding hands, like the other one, but one has the bracelet on?

I just have a feeling that it might be something that connects Bella,Edward AND Jacob together?

Just my assumption.

OMG THREESOME! haha, j/k.

anyway, i think i recall reading on stephenie meyer's website that, aside from the first book, the covers really have no significance. she contributed to the first one, with the whole garden of eden/temptation/apple thing, but after that, didn't she say that she didn't really have any input in the covers, and that they really don't have much meaning at all?

i still love them though. their simplicity is beautiful.

seriously!! that wud acctualy make sense
because i always tried to put the cover with the story..
but it never worked without making alot of asumptions
so maybe it will just be something red again. And I hope i connects jacob, bella and Edward all together for once!! whee  

chocopanda7

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 pm
Okay, so, this is what I think the cover means:
I think that red has always represented her mortalty. Like, you know, she still has blood pumping in her and stuff. And also, her mortality was like a pawn because it was so easily disposed of, even though it could sometimes make some good moves.
The white queen is her becoming a vampire. Because vampires are white, and queens are powerful, and so are vampires.
So yeah, that's what I think. I think it's basically her pawn (mortality) being beaten by her queen (vampire...ness)
I dunno, that's just me.
OH, and I bet I know exactly what's going on in the preface, too. It's when Edward is about to bite her. Let's all just pray.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:07 pm
chocopanda7
shenene
Teh Toasted E m o
I've Just Had A Crazy Idea;

(Sorry if someone has already said this, but i can't be bothered to read through all the pages.. )

What if it's got Bella's bracelet on it, with the charms she has.

Or, Two people holding hands, like the other one, but one has the bracelet on?

I just have a feeling that it might be something that connects Bella,Edward AND Jacob together?

Just my assumption.

OMG THREESOME! haha, j/k.

anyway, i think i recall reading on stephenie meyer's website that, aside from the first book, the covers really have no significance. she contributed to the first one, with the whole garden of eden/temptation/apple thing, but after that, didn't she say that she didn't really have any input in the covers, and that they really don't have much meaning at all?

i still love them though. their simplicity is beautiful.

seriously!! that wud acctualy make sense
because i always tried to put the cover with the story..
but it never worked without making alot of asumptions
so maybe it will just be something red again. And I hope i connects jacob, bella and Edward all together for once!! whee

You guys are getting kinda confused on the covers. Yes Stephenie Meyer has input on the Twilight cover, she also didn't have input on New Moon. But she got her 2 cents on Eclipse and it does have a meaning which is you can't have a clean break which refers to leaving jacob behind and staying with Edward. she also said somewhere that she did help design the cover of Breaking Dawn.  

Princess Candy Apple

WineChan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:24 pm
Wow, didn't know the thread I created would go this long.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm
i think were over anylizing the cover abit too much.....i meen were all going to find out soon ebouph as it is.......but some of the theories do make good since  

Madilicious1995

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces