Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Would like some stretchy cord suggestions, please.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tolanna Birdsong

Dapper Noob

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:19 am
When I'm somewhere (like work) where I can't knit or crochet because I might have to drop it any second to help a customer, I make stretchy pony bead bracelets. I also wear about *counts* 5-7 on a usual basis. I've been using the thin-ish stretchy cord from the local craft store. I forget the name right now... sweatdrop But one of my friends made me a bracelet with different cording and it didn't stretch out quite as quickly as the ones I make.
I know they probably seem to stretch out so quickly because I wear them everyday and it's actually a while before they stretch out. I've also found tha
My whole point here is... do any of you fine people know of a good stretchy cord that would work well for this?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:28 pm
For all your cord needs. xp

It sounds like you were just using a plain elastic cord. I'm no expert on beading cords or anything like that (I've only worked with fishing line), but this Powercord sounds like it would be pretty good for what you're looking for.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

Did you use the cord with the fabric covering? I use an elastic that looks like those fireline cords...they're very good and don't lose their stretch, but they cost a fair bit ^^ I just ran out ;^; So I have to use double threads and fishing cords... *sob*
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:48 pm
DecemberFlower:
Thanks for the link, I'll have to check that out.

Miss Sushii:
I actually have been using the elastic cord with the cloth, I must just wear them too much or something sweatdrop  

Tolanna Birdsong

Dapper Noob

1,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items