Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
DS Cases

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Made anything DS-related?
  I have a DS but haven't made anything for it.
  I made something for a friend, but no DS.
  I have a DS AND I made something for it!
  No DS, no accessories. :<
View Results

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:12 pm
So, I was thinking. I saw a lot of people making cases for their Nintendo DS systems on other forums [not gaia].

Who here has their own DS/knows someone with one and has made a case for it?

We'd love to see pictures of it, also inspiration for it [needed protection for your DS, gift, always losing it, etc.], and even ideas for future DS-related crafting projects.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:13 pm
Cases/Accessories

Made by me: Red case made only to hold the DS, no game pockets.
User Image

(Click fer a bigger pic!)

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:14 pm
Links to Others

None yet sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:48 pm
but that requires me taking pictures and uploading....
well, I'll just say it's a blue case with an intersia poliwhirl.
mondo cuto  

Kingyo~goldfish

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:09 pm
User Image
Good to hear there are others out there!

But if you ever do take pictures, be sure to post them! I'd love to see. >w<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:24 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

:3 I'm saving up for a Pink DS lite (I managed to break my old one... A chunk of plastic just popped off when I opened it...)
And I've already thought up some ideas for cases... The store-bought ones are so boring e__e
I'm gonna put white glow-in-the-dark stickers on mine so it matches my friend's black DS with blue stickers ^^
You can get one of those clear or opaque hardcases and decorate them with stuff like rhinestones etc if you're into the sparkly stuff x3 Or sew a pouch with different compartments for games and such. I want a lolita case!
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 pm
User Image
Haha! Those sound great! I do plan on making a matchind games case, that'll hold 4 DS games, 2 GBA games and my pokemon red and yellow. xP I still have my old gameboy color..it's just missing its battery compartment since, like, ten years ago. >>;

But yeah; I like sparkles, I also have a bunch of buttons that would be spiffy for embellishments (like we don't hear that word enough..)
But, they wouldn't repair your DS? O_o Blah.
I like the sticker idea. x3 Kick butt, make a pwnage case! And good luck getting your DS soon! xd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm
Kyrajii
User Image
Haha! Those sound great! I do plan on making a matchind games case, that'll hold 4 DS games, 2 GBA games and my pokemon red and yellow. xP I still have my old gameboy color..it's just missing its battery compartment since, like, ten years ago. >>;

But yeah; I like sparkles, I also have a bunch of buttons that would be spiffy for embellishments (like we don't hear that word enough..)
But, they wouldn't repair your DS? O_o Blah.
I like the sticker idea. x3 Kick butt, make a pwnage case! And good luck getting your DS soon! xd
Rulin' ya universes...

Well, my DS IS kindof old... my brother broke our first one, and then we got a second hand DS with a dead pixel xD

Another idea for DS decoration... those kits you can get on Yahoo!Japan for making silicone cakes and such for keychains, you could apply that to the DS or something... make it look edible xD
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:55 pm
User Image
o-o I've never seen or heard of those.. huh. Weird. But always good to have new ideas!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 pm

I want to embellish my DS case. :B It's a clear snap on one, I'm thinking of using some acrylics, some rubber stamps, and some origami paper to put a collage on the inside. :3

incoherent

Liberal Snowfriend

6,150 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Jyxxie

Wilderness Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:26 am
User Image
Ooh. I have so many acrylics it isn't funny. >_>;
But that does sound like fun. Colorful. >w<