Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
What IS this?!?!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:25 pm
I had a very strange thing happen on one of my lots, and I'd like to know what's up, if anyone's seen it.

My Sim slept peacefully all through the night before this happened, and there wasn't any strange music or anything, so I didn't realize anything was going on. But when she left her house to go to work...holy cow!

Her YARD was on fire!

Everything. There were random fires all over her hard, on every square tile of land, but no objects were burning--just fire!

Now, there had been a thunderstorm the night before, and one tree was missing. But that tree was up next to her house, and the entirety of the rest of her yard was what was on fire, not the spot where that tree had been standing.

Was it just debris?

Another thought I had was that my character's neighbors had trashed her lot in a jealous tirade. She had just been promoted to CEO (I think) in the business career track, and in the "Congrats, you've been promoted!" textbox, it had mentioned something about "be wary of jealous neighbors," or something. Could that have been it? She has no enemies, so...?

Anyone have this happen before?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 pm
It just sounds like normal fire spread to me. Fire can and will pass from tile to tile if nothing puts it out.

Plus this belongs in the Q&A which is where I shall put it now.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:52 pm
It happens even if there is nothing there to burn? Just an empty tile?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 am
Jealous neighbors because of a promotion?
I've never heard of that.
O_O

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:46 pm
Fin Raziel
It happens even if there is nothing there to burn? Just an empty tile?

Yup, empty tiles can burn. I had a house fire that resulted in a pile of ash on every single floor tile even where there were no items to begin with.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 pm
maggot disaster - It came up after my Sim got a promotion. You know how it always says, "You're no longer simply doing THIS, you're now doing THIS! You'll have to work hard at earning X skills, so you can get ANOTHER promotion!" It does that every time, right? But that time, it also included a message that said something about being wary of neighbors who might be jealous of your accumulating wealth/success.

Menaceman - Really? XD That's the first time I've seen it. haha I just wish I had seen it happen, because that was quite the freaky mess.

Fin Raziel

Sunshine-Girl22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 am
Oooh, creepy. eek

I'm scared of getting to buisness now. eek

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items