Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Patron God/ess? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Willow Wolfblade

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 pm
My matron goddess is Artemis. She is the goddess of hunting dogs, the hunt, the moon and many other things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 pm
Mine poses a conundrum. On one hand, I'm a pantheistic witch that believes that everything comes from one source. On the other, Brigid keeps smacking me.

My earliest memory of her was reading Celtic Magic by D. J. Conway. For some reason, I was enchanted by her. While in basic training, we were told we had to name our rifles (silly, I know). I chose Brigid, mistakenly calling her the goddess of war. Though, in hindsight, it was still appropriate in her smithing role. I also had a dream of looking in a mirror to put on make-up and I saw the face of a woman with flaming red hair smirking at me. And now, being married with a home of my own, she keeps appearing in the books I buy as I become more drawn to the home and community. Though, I'm still drawn to the military aspect of her.

I'm also partial to Sun Wu-Kung. He's popped up a lot in my life, even before I knew that he was such a popular figure in Chinese culture. In part, I can identify with the trials he'd been through and trying to find a place to belong. Oddly enough, I was also drawn to Kuan-yin before I knew there was a connection between the two. Though, whether either are my patrons, I'm not entirely sure, since I'm also drawn to Taliesin.

Edit: I've come to understand that these are figures that my subconscious is drawn to. They represent parts of my psyche and teach me about myself. Though, in a way, I do believe that there are aspects of the Source that make the divine easier to access.

AiRune

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:00 am
No patron deities, although I feel close to Frigg.
I'm not keen on naming patron deities unless I specifically feel called by them. I think it's kind of...presumptuous to assume that just because you like a deity that they like you back xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:01 pm
The Goddess I have always felt most closely connected to is Brighid - which is odd, I admit, given my quiet, gentle nature and difficulty working with fire. Still, I've felt close to her all my life. I feel she watched over and protected me during difficult, dangerous periods of my childhood when I was unable to defend myself, and I owe her everything for that.  

Columbae

lunasif

Chatty Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 pm
hahah ok your going to have to get your 'open mindenss' ready for this one. sweatdrop
ok first, i believe in all deities that people believe in. the fact that someone believes in them gives them strength in my view. so i sometimes beseech a random deity for help, giving an offering they would like as a kinda, 'sorry i dont worship you, but i got you a small gift!' however i do have my own deities that i use to help me. its not that i want to be purposefully different or anything, i guess no one else's deities suit me. i am an oddball. emo anyway i have lunasif ( sweatdrop ) whos sphere is of darkness and all the things within it(but not evil!). she is the chill of exhilarating fear when your completely alone in the dark, the quiet taunting whisper in the cold night wind. then theres sunsif, the sun goddess, she is in the feeling of warmth and joy in the bright sunlight. and then theres gaeasif, the earth goddess, who gives the knowing that she is always there keeping you safe and protected. then there is also the son of lunasif, hes like a break off, he's the god of chaos, kinda like the trickster god. hes more human based as he is the one who is laughing as you scream at the universe as your plans go horribly wrong due to being unlucky. in those moments of insanity hes there tickling our minds. since he is more human based i dont have a concrete name for him, i just call him Loriak. yah i dont know where the name came from. sweatdrop and yes i know there are already tons of sun, earth and the occasional darkness gods and goddesses out there, i just didn't click with them. iv looked up probably all the gods on written record, even their past and present selfs. iv studied everything from their spheres to their psychology. but still i didnt feel at home. so after a long time thinking and meditating on the subject i came up with these four from what i felt. i have a small shrine with things representing all of them so they are worshipped in their own way. so i apologize for the wall of text, and if anyone is offended by me i will happily delete this post. redface  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:55 pm
My "personal" goddess is Aine, Celtic (primitively) sun (later moon) goddess of agriculture, fertility, crops, and animals, but also inspiration (said to give it or take away wits), protecting from and punishing sex crimes. Later in christain times, she was "turned" to fairy queen.
I meant her strange way- I made a guidance charm- which is fairy with round amber, and part of rite was naming it, and suddenly I came with that word, which some time later happened to be name of a goddess. When I read about her it was like a sudden feeling and I knew she is "my" goddess.

As for the god- hm... the story is even stranger. I was writing something at the desk, when a flash and I was on a path in the forest (spiritually), I went further and came to the lake, which swirled and opened. When I came down I saw a face staring a me from the water wall. It was a wonderful conversation, something like- "what are you? so god?" me afraid. "Even worse, your personal." the face with cunning smile. Me -silence. "You know what they say- watch for you wish for." Another smile.
That would be in short. I still have no idea what is that god name, all I know he is connected with water, has strange sense of humor and is sarcastic.
I appreciate any help, please.

Peace
Mea  

Verbeley

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games