View Results

VanillaNightrail

Friendly Pup

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:16 pm
I here a rumor that some of the older members of Gaia are complaining Gaia is becoming too easy. Do you think so? I just think it has become annoyingly glitchy. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:58 pm
i don't think so. it may be a bit easier to get the cheap items in the store but it's still tough for new members to get the DI / MC items in the MP or the higher items in the shops. older DI / MC items have gone up as well. like a CoCo didn't use to cost over 300k.
and members who can donate or are an older member just know how to use the MP to sell things and buy things at certain times and make profits and such.

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

VanillaNightrail

Friendly Pup

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:38 pm
Yeah. I kno what u mean. Like the samurai sword for instance. I think what some were complaining about is how when we created an avatar we had NO clothes on and had to buy even starter stuff. whereas now when some one make a new avatar not only to they have a "starter set" their avatar looks like hair and things almost equal the older member's minus the MC/DI items like you said.

I think they tried to cover for it with having any older member recieve the starter stuff if they wanted too, but maybe sentimental value of hard effort and the gold still lost could still bother them. Me personally, I'm not too whiny on anything besides server disconnections and such so it doesn't bother me too much.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:53 pm
It's easier for older membres who already have items to get newer items.

With the crazy inflation, that's no surprise.

Although there are a lot more ways to get gold now (Daily Chance, etc.) than there were back then. But you also can't get as much gold from polls (it was unlimited back when I joined) or posting, I think. So I guess it sorta balances out.  

NightIntent

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:10 pm
i agree that it has become glitchy...it's not the same as it used to be and some aspects, like the marketplace, are annoying....i used to sell something that was really cheap for a higher price to the newbies.... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:20 pm
Speaking of marketplace the 2% deduction is hilarious when your selling something for a low price (so the deduction is something like 0) but frustrating when selling collectables... Doesn't that seem to make the inflation worse? >.>  

VanillaNightrail

Friendly Pup

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Scrife the Wise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:19 am
I don't know if it is the easiness of Gaia that is turning off older Gaians. I think the random banning of accounts and the huge amount of hacking is more if a deterrent.

I think that all of the games have a security leak where you get sent links to fake log-in pages. A few older gaians have fallen for that and lost really big. They are surprised that they can get hacked from inside a locked game room. There are some very skilled hackers targeting this site. If your account is worth many millions and it gets destroyed because you went to towns, that is really irritating.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 am
Yeah, its pretty weird now. If you got an early start account you get gaia cash, but when you start AFTER, then they don't. Its pretty weird.  

Devil Nightlord_Dante

PainMaker101

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:19 pm
Yes, it is true, now a noob coem and in two days he already have new clothes and everything, but I rlly rlly dont know xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:46 pm
Easier for them, maybe.

For me, no. Why? BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS SPENDING MAH FRIGGIN' MONIES! ><"  

Coalar Lee Drake

Little_Linda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm
I agree with you. It messes up a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 pm
x -x
When did cocos hit 300K? Geez...

Rathmanian

Scrife the Wise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:26 am
NekoGod
x -x
When did cocos hit 300K? Geez...

The same time Kiki's hit 600k.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:13 am
I think it's probably easy for older members who have old items worth like a billion gold XD

It's only as easy as how much real money your willing to spend or time your willing to put into it  

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

VanillaNightrail

Friendly Pup

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:47 am
Random banning? I heard about that but is it really big? man... TOO scary >.> Why would so many hackers target here tho? Sounds like somebody has no life...  
welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games