Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
A neat little story/happening. :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

STLeeJay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:23 pm
Okay, long time no see, and all that. But I'm still here. Just been having my attention consumed by other activities, lately.

Anyways, here's my very neat and interesting little story:
The last 6-or-so months, I've developed a mystic attraction to Bast statues: That is, every time I've seen a Bast statue, my eyes become un-avoidably locked into the statue's eyes, and I become overwhelmed by an intense, yet reassuring aura, that feels as if Bast, Herself, were calling out to me; summoning me. So, lately, I've been doing as much research and studying about Bast, and Her spiritual path, as possible.

I didn't get my actual Bast statue until today. But yesterday, I bought a cute little black cat statue. This statue may have not been an actual Bast statue, mind you, but it had a great likeness to one. So last night, I cleared off a drawer-top, and made a quick, makeshift altar, dedicated to Bast, with this little "Bast-like" statue as its centerpiece. I left a few offerings that my research said Bast might appreciate, did a quick cleansing and blessing of the altar and its items, and went to bed...

So morning comes, and I wake up, take my morning medications (as much as I hate them), and get the newspaper from the front door. It had snowed, overnight, and it was very cold in the morning. As I opened the door, and leaned down to pick up the newspaper in its protective reddish-pinkish plastic bag, I noticed something that, at least I thought, was amazing: Cat paw-prints, in the snow, on my door-step, right in front of my front-door.

Mind you, there's a lot of outdoor/stray cats in the neighborhood, but the fact that one came by, overnight, right after the night that I had left offerings to the Cat Goddess Bast... I don't know, it just seemed very special to me.

Discuss:
What do you think of my neat little story?
What are your opinions/criticisms of my story? (Please be kind, about it, but feel free to voice them ^_^).
Has anything like this happened to you?
Tell your similar stories, if you have them.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:21 pm
I think thats great ^-^. I tried to msg you on aim but you weren't online, we should talk sometime. What offerings did you make?  

[BlkCat]

Shogun_Emrys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 am
I love when things like that happen. to most ppl it would be just a coincidence but we see it as something else, that in my opinion is what makes me happy to be pagan. I can really appreciate the smaller things in life that others rarely notice. And what are the chances that one of the strays from the neighborhood would come by on that night.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:08 am
Something tells me this story is only just beginning 3nodding  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Aurora234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 pm
I am the same way. I have three Bast statues plus one incense holder! I've been drawn to her my whole life. She has even gifted me with cat guardians when i was in desperate need of guidance!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 pm
Atma311
Something tells me this story is only just beginning 3nodding

10 of Diamonds

Dain Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:14 am
^_^
thats a great thing, stuff like that happening are signs
probably means that you are on the right path for yourself
good luck  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 am
I honor Bast as well. She was the first specific Goddess that I chose to connect with, starting when I was about 11 or so. I don't have any Bast statues, yet (although I do have about a million other depictions of cats), but I have a pretty strong connection with cats, and part of how I personally honor her is by honoring cats. She was in a meditation of mine the other day and she blessed me (after I had a meeting with Ra) and we ran down the Nile together. She's very beautiful and good at teaching self confidence 3nodding

This seems to be a pretty good website if you want to take a look.

http://www.per-bast.org/bast/historical.html

on the navigation bar you'll also find at the end "the spiritual side"

good luck and blessings to you ^_^

Labores Luna

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:29 am
Gavin J Burns
Okay, long time no see, and all that. But I'm still here. Just been having my attention consumed by other activities, lately.

Anyways, here's my very neat and interesting little story:
The last 6-or-so months, I've developed a mystic attraction to Bast statues: That is, every time I've seen a Bast statue, my eyes become un-avoidably locked into the statue's eyes, and I become overwhelmed by an intense, yet reassuring aura, that feels as if Bast, Herself, were calling out to me; summoning me. So, lately, I've been doing as much research and studying about Bast, and Her spiritual path, as possible.

I didn't get my actual Bast statue until today. But yesterday, I bought a cute little black cat statue. This statue may have not been an actual Bast statue, mind you, but it had a great likeness to one. So last night, I cleared off a drawer-top, and made a quick, makeshift altar, dedicated to Bast, with this little "Bast-like" statue as its centerpiece. I left a few offerings that my research said Bast might appreciate, did a quick cleansing and blessing of the altar and its items, and went to bed...

So morning comes, and I wake up, take my morning medications (as much as I hate them), and get the newspaper from the front door. It had snowed, overnight, and it was very cold in the morning. As I opened the door, and leaned down to pick up the newspaper in its protective reddish-pinkish plastic bag, I noticed something that, at least I thought, was amazing: Cat paw-prints, in the snow, on my door-step, right in front of my front-door.

Mind you, there's a lot of outdoor/stray cats in the neighborhood, but the fact that one came by, overnight, right after the night that I had left offerings to the Cat Goddess Bast... I don't know, it just seemed very special to me.

Discuss:
What do you think of my neat little story?
What are your opinions/criticisms of my story? (Please be kind, about it, but feel free to voice them ^_^).
Has anything like this happened to you?
Tell your similar stories, if you have them.

That's a really cool story! Nothing like that has happened to me before but a strange thing happened to my friend...

Her name is Charlotte.
One day she was in a shop looking at a gorgeous diamante C necklace that she knew she couldn't get because it was too expensive. When she went outside an old man was stubling along the street. He wa going to fall over so she helped him steady himself and got him over to a bench. he thanked her and she said it was no problem then started walking away when a noise behind her made her turn back round. The man was gone!
And in his place was a big black bird with the necklace she wanted around its neck! The bird flew off leaving the necklace behind and on it was a brown paper tag that said "Thank you" on it!
spooky huh?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:00 pm
Shogun_Emrys
I love when things like that happen. to most ppl it would be just a coincidence but we see it as something else, that in my opinion is what makes me happy to be pagan. I can really appreciate the smaller things in life that others rarely notice. And what are the chances that one of the strays from the neighborhood would come by on that night.

I couldn't say it better myself. People used to take messages from the gods in the forms of such 'coincidences.' It is wonderful that we can still see them happening today. It sounds like you really love Bast, so you probably have a good bond with her. I myself carried out my first right to Thor, and found myself prancing around in a thunderstorm ( More purring than crackling). I cannot see something like that as 'coincidence.' I had no hint that a storm would occur, and suddenly, to my immense excitement, I hear a rumble! Perfect! I know how you feel. It's like you've been spoken to.  

Nomad of Nowhere

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff