Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gothic Germany

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xStephanx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm
Goth may have its roots here in the UK, but it found its spiritual home in Germany.

In the UK, where you would find the occassional Kerang! Magazine review of a Goth album, Germany has two dedicated Goth magazines carried in pretty much every news agent - Sonic Seducer and Orkus.

In Camden Town in England we have the Gothic district (which wasn't as effected by the fire as first thought), but in Berlin almost any night of the week you can find a Goth club or bar open.

Germany has the two biggest Goth festivals in the world, Wave Gotik Treffen in May and Mera Luna in August. There are smaller festivals held throughout the year all over the country.

Take into account the mainstream popularity of darkwave in Germany (bands like Cruxshadows, Wolfsheim and Blutengel all securing chart status) and the MASSIVE rivethead and cyber culture (industrial and EBM also being big players in Germany) and you have to find it a tempting holiday location for any Goth. (Plus, absinthe is legal eek ).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 pm
GothClubs are here in almost every city, especially in north germany.
We love to make party wink heart

If you visit Munich you should visit the POP! @ BackStageWerk, NerodomClub, BatSociety + Loft (for our PostPunks, etc ^^).

@Absinthe... It maybe look, smell and taste like Absinthe, but the Thujon quantity is regulated... I you wanna have real absinthe you should go to Poland, Czech Republic, aso...  

Surrealys

xStephanx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:23 pm
Oh, I thought you had real absinthe in Germany. We get it over here in the UK, because it was never banned. 3nodding

There's so much cool stuff in Hannover for Goth's. I never went to Munich but its probably just as good, your so lucky!  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games