Reply [ Blood+ ]
Why "Otanashi"?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  How can you not know that?
  Hmmm........I never thought about that...........
  I have no clue.
  POLL WHORE! GIMME GOLD!
View Results

eternally_the_siren_sings
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:01 am
Okay, maybe I missed something, but why is Saya's family name "Otanashi"? I never heard of her having a family name before she was adopted by George, so shouldn't her family name be Miyagusku? (I say "family name because, of course, in Asian cultures your first name is last and your last name is first. So Saya Otanashi is Otanashi Saya. This information was provided for anyone who did not know of such things.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:22 am
She was given the name "Otonashi" In Blood:The Last Vampire because she needed a sur-name to infiltrate the school.

It's shown properly in the Blood: The Last Vampire manga when she's given that name and it means "Without Sound".  

D-i-v-a
Captain

eternally_the_siren_sings
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:49 am
Really? I haven't seen that movie in forever. My memory is a bit rusty. That, and I suck at remembering peoples names. Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:00 pm
I knew why she had it in the movie and figured they kept it for the anime because that was her name from the movie. And thanks for the translation fact, D-i-v-a, I always wondered what her name meant. 3nodding  

YamiCheza
Crew

[ Blood+ ]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces