Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Back to Guilds

For fans new and old of CLAMP's crossover adventure, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Fans of the anime, manga, or both - all are welcome! 

Tags: manga, tsubasa, clamp, xxxholic, cardcaptor sakura 

Reply Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild
English Dub VS. English Sub. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you prefer watching the original jap. anime with eng. subs? or watching it with eng. dub?
  original with eng. sub
  english dubbed version
View Results

Rie_Akiyama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:36 am
Sometimes it depends on the anime and who dubs it, the main problem i have with the dubbed is that the words tend to run together like the voice actors arn't even trying, they do that a lot in the popular ones like cardcaptor sakura. they killed sakuras voice! not to mention the little dude kero, I didn't even bother with it after that...., so yeah subs! plus I get my daily education on language! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 am
I like the japanese version because it sounds better that english.  

Claire3918

Zhen Shan Mei

Lonely Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 pm
It depends. . . I usually like japanese because names like Syaoran and kurogane would sound horrible in the english accent. . .

but for example Hellsing and Full metal alchemist. . . they have names like edward and alphonse and victoria so I can tolerate the english dub

but as far a tsubasa goes. . . I like sub better than dub  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:46 pm
english sub, the original voice actors voices fit really well with the characters and the subs help me learn japanese (hey i learn more from the subs than from websites). i have seen the dub and its ok, but the voices aren't very fitting.  

FishandChips425

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

DarkSideDragon06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:31 pm
English Subbed. It just ROCKS!!! I also like hearing the Japanese audio. . Even though I hate the anime, the voices just suit them so well! ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 am
English subs definately! Sakura's voice in the english dub annoys me a little...  

evangeline_1

Xx_Wingless_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:20 pm
I would go for the english subbed tơo. the english voices are tơ quiet to even make out anything. plus the japanese express thier fêelings through their voices, so you could get the real idea  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:33 am
I usually don't mind the dubs. Sure, they're not as good as the original Japanese, but they usually don't kill me. I also have a hard time staring at the screen for more than a few seconds, I usually miss something when watching anime with subs (I love it, don't get me wrong!). And my seven year old brother watches with me, and I HATED pausing every ten seconds for him to read the dialogue. So, I just watch the dub.

BUT, I can't stand watching the Tsubasa dub. Other than Hikaru no Go, I have not been able to push an anime away because of the dub. But I couldn't stand watching the dub. Everyone drove me crazy. Sakura and Mokona especially. UGH.

By the way, has anyone heard the Spanish version of any anime? People dont' believe me, but the Spanish dubs (produced in Mexico at least) pwn. Back when I lived in El Salvador (tiny country in Central America), I only watched anime in Spanish and it rocked. It rivaled the Japanese. When I came to the US though and heard the shitty dubbing for anime, it was just a facepalm moment for me.
[adult swim] anime is dubbed pretty well though. Not as good as the Japanese, but... better than others (Hikaru no Go, *shudder*).  

Count Chocolat

Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces