Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
Friend List Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lahlooooouh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 am
On my friend list I have 2 friends who constantly have a red dot by their name. It says they are always offline. I was talking to my friend on the phone and he said he was online, and it still said he was offline. Later it somehow worked after like an hour. But, it is the same for my other friend who has the red dot. They said the red dot is by my name too.

Note: My connection is pretty decent and I rarely experience lag unless it is someone else.

Everyone else on my friend list has that green dot by their name.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:52 pm
The dots signify their internet connection, ranging from Blue to Red (Blue being the best, Red the worst). The colors are Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.

If it says he's offline, even though he's on, it's possible your Wii isn't picking up his "ping", since he may be having trouble transmitting his data through his router. Tell him to mess with his router settings. He could be behind a firewall.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Bralef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm
Oh... THAT'S what that dot is...Mine's always orange, and my friend lives in the same town as I do. stare When we Brawl, though, the matches are usually fairly lag-free. Too bad I can almost never find anyone else to Brawl against.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 am
SilentBlackTiger
The dots signify their internet connection, ranging from Blue to Red (Blue being the best, Red the worst). The colors are Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.

If it says he's offline, even though he's on, it's possible your Wii isn't picking up his "ping", since he may be having trouble transmitting his data through his router. Tell him to mess with his router settings. He could be behind a firewall.

That was a very helpful answer. Thank you very much sir. I will be sure to inform my friend since that question has been puzzling us. Lately we have been on blue which is good.  

Lahlooooouh

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 am
The rule of thumb, is the closer you live to someone, the less laggier it will be too. It also depends on your ISP, and router.

Good luck. smile  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff