Ar Tonelico Strategy Guide!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veda64
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:30 am
Well everyone here's a link to a strategy guide that will help you all out if you're stuck. It has about everything you can think of. Hope it helps you all out!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/932632/46951 blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:47 pm
Game FAQ's is one of the best places for strategy guides. ^_^  

Palsa-San

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:47 pm
Only one problem. . . I can't figure out where I am in the game currently on that. Due to erratic periods of game play I'm a little at loss as to what has happened recently.

I know I got a little lost and I believe I'm supposed to be fighting a difficult boss of which I can barely even put a dent in before I get a game over.

Somewhere in Phase 2 I believe. . .Probably about 24 hours into the game. Very sad I founded a guild about Ar Tonelico and I can't even beat a boss G_G

I'm like this at racing games too. If there's a way that I can make my character fall off the edge, it will happen ~G~ I already got lost at the end of Phase 1 when I forgot to pick up a vital item from the Grathmelding shop in order to make the item to complete the phase.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:32 pm
Reyvatiel Misha
Only one problem. . . I can't figure out where I am in the game currently on that. Due to erratic periods of game play I'm a little at loss as to what has happened recently.

I know I got a little lost and I believe I'm supposed to be fighting a difficult boss of which I can barely even put a dent in before I get a game over.

Somewhere in Phase 2 I believe. . .Probably about 24 hours into the game. Very sad I founded a guild about Ar Tonelico and I can't even beat a boss G_G

I'm like this at racing games too. If there's a way that I can make my character fall off the edge, it will happen ~G~ I already got lost at the end of Phase 1 when I forgot to pick up a vital item from the Grathmelding shop in order to make the item to complete the phase.

Can you describe the surrounding's? ninja
And who is currently in your party?  

Palsa-San

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm
Hahhh come to think of it, I was headed up to Platina again after my party helped me fix my ship, and then we tried to fly up there again and were attacked by that dragon, similar to the one that they 'take on' in the OVA.

I have my usual party: Liner, Misha (adult), Radolf, and Krusche.

My characters are all around level 50 - 55. (I think maybe I skipped over too many random battles.)

Did I do something very wrong again?

It's just that guides generally tell you "You watch a scene and then fight a boss" and such things. When you "Hey let's go here, great let's go there~!" so much in Ar Tonelico, it's hard to remember which number of visit it was to the places.

My guess is that I'm near the end of Phase 2 G_G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:27 pm
Reyvatiel Misha
Hahhh come to think of it, I was headed up to Platina again after my party helped me fix my ship, and then we tried to fly up there again and were attacked by that dragon, similar to the one that they 'take on' in the OVA.

I have my usual party: Liner, Misha (adult), Radolf, and Krusche.

My characters are all around level 50 - 55. (I think maybe I skipped over too many random battles.)

Did I do something very wrong again?

It's just that guides generally tell you "You watch a scene and then fight a boss" and such things. When you "Hey let's go here, great let's go there~!" so much in Ar Tonelico, it's hard to remember which number of visit it was to the places.

My guess is that I'm near the end of Phase 2 G_G

Have you configured the players right?
If their not equipped properly, the fight will be considerably hard.
One thing to know about that boss, he's weak against lighting.
So use an electrical attack on him to put him in a stunned state.
Once he's stunned, start attacking him as roughly as possible.
The stunned state will eventually wear off, so keep that in mind when fighting him.

After you've beaten him and continue up the tower.
You'll eventually get to another boss battle.
A lot will happen first, so don't worry.
Anyway, in this up coming battle, you'll be ambushed by a bunch of Viruses.
After you defeat the small ones in the front, stop using attack magic.
I don't know why or if it happens to other people
But for some reason every time I played that fight, he summons a new virus, and as soon as it attacks, the game forces the Reyvateil to attack (only if attack magic is being used).
Anyway, after she attacks, it freezes.  

Palsa-San

Veda64
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:40 pm
Yeah you're close to the end of phase 2 Misha. From the sound of it after you beat Sleipnir(The Dragon) You should be heading up to the Rinkernator.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:09 pm
YES~! That is exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Thanks so much Palsa-san~! I was able to defeat the boss no problem. Although, I should probably stop ignoring so many random battles from now on and become more serious about training my characters from now on. ^^;;;;;;;;;

At least I know where I am in the guide now. Yep, I'm definitely at the end of Phase 2. I got my butt kicked by Shadow Mir because I ran out of healing items, I have no good supplies to grathmeld with, and no way to get back to the lower world. . . GREAT~! Oh well, I WON'T GIVE UP~!

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

Palsa-San

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:13 pm
Remember to switch between Reyvateils from time to time.
And my suggestion for while you go through the field.
The place following the dragon battle is pretty complex.
After you've reached the Observatory, and your ready to start climbing, be wary, there are a lot of tough opponents here.
This place has elevators that are necessary to get to the higher levels.
Many of these elevators require a recharge before they'll function.
So it becomes a maze.
At the time you should have both Aurica and Misha in your party.
Have one set in the battle formation and have the other heal the party when on the field.
This helps saves song magic.
Also make sure to activate the Analyzer whenever you enter the field.
Analyzer can be found in the song magic screen.
Another thing to note.
If you talk to Mei Mei at the Observatory, she'll allow you to dive into the Reyvateils Cosmospheres.
And since the Observatory has a Camp Tile, this is a great opportunity to create song magic.
I think I was at or past Level 6 or 7 with both Reyvateils Cosmospheres by this time.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:17 pm
Ah~! I just figured out the fact that Mei Mei will allow me to dive a few hours ago. . . I thought that I was missing something.

I finished Misha's cosmosphere~! Now there's so many options (and better healing song magic) that I need to try them all out in different combinations.

It seems I only have trouble at the end of the phases and the rest is fairly easy going.

I did all those things already, so I guess I either need to fight the odds, do Aurica's cosmosphere, figure out a different strategy with my song magic, or train. ~o~

Thanks for the tip about the Song Magic, I forgot that you could use BOTH reyvatiel's song magic outside of battle. It's very helpful to not keep running out of times in which I can use the healing ones.

It's sad that many people say that Ar Tonelico is 'too easy' and not complicated enough, yet there are still many factors in which you can have difficulties. . .

I wish I could play more frequently instead of random spurts here and there, it's probably even harder now than it was when I started playing to track down a copy of it for myself.

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

Palsa-San

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:48 pm
The people that say games are too easy are the same people that try and see how quickly they can beat the game.
When I was playing Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, I spent more time synthesizing and leveling up then actually trying to complete the game.
When I play an RPG, I always talk with everyone in the town before continuing through the game.
RPG's are games that are meant to be absorbed, enjoyed and savored at a slow and easy pace, never rushed.
Big game review sites have a tendency to forget that.
Any game can be beaten in under 48 hours.
It's not how short it can be beaten, but rather how long the person playing it can stretch it out.
If that 48 hours were divided into 30 minute sessions, how much time did you really get out of it?
Especially if you actually played the game rather then rushing through it like the people complaining did.
They also forget that the players stats, gear and levels depend entirely on how the game is played.
If equipped one way, it could be considerably harder then if it were equipped another.
And from what I've played, and believe me, I've played more RPG's then most people.
It doesn't really matter how easy an RPG is, an RPG is a story, that's all that counts.
Don't worry about what those people say, take your time and enjoy the game at a gradual pace, as the game creators intended the player to do. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:00 pm
That was very well said, and also true. I'm sure that game reviewers mainly don't want to waste more time than they have to playing a game in order to review it. I don't pay much attention to those kinds of things.

Really what's the point of playing a game at all if you're just going to try to finish it as quickly as possible? Then what do you do with your life? Pick up another game and beat that in the same manner? . . . And games cost around $60 to begin with O_o

My siblings can do things with Final Fantasy games that I don't even know. . . everyone has their own way of customizing their character's abilities and equipment. That's why a game is fun and unique to the individual player. ^^

Reyvatiel Misha
Captain

Palsa-San

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:50 pm
True. ^_^
Wild Arms 3 is probably the most customizable games I've ever played.
Not only can you customize the equipment in the game, but all the NPC's as well.

Besides, no matter how thorough you play the game, theirs always something that you missed.
Which gives you a reason to play again. ^_^
They also forgot that Ar tonelico has 3 heroines.
Which means that you have at the very least, 3 or 4 alternate endings to see.
And the difficulty may very depending on which path or choice you make in the game.  
Sol Ciel ~ Ar Tonelico ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games