Submit

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:44 am
Ok, so we all the the basic interesting stuff... Delta67 was bottled in France from the grapes in the fields were Saya and Diva grew up in. The '67 Chateau Duel, is a mixof Diva's blood chemically altered and bottled so it could be shipped worldwide without anyone noticing... we all know that stuff.

Now some things that people I've noticed have speculated.

Nathan is seen alive at the end as a reporter, even after Saya "killed him" meaning her blood cant crystallize him. This means since he said he had been around before Diva was born and he knew of their "mommy and her chevalier" he most likely is Diva and Saya's mother's chevalier.

Also while Blood: The Last Vampire is the set before Vietnam... in Blood+ we know she goes nuts during Vietnam... so chances are Saya from The Last Vampire and Plus are not the same... they are alternative realities. Different tellings and stories with similar plots and very similar characters. The only real ties are David, Red Shield and Saya and Vietnam. The tellings of the story are not directly related.

As far as I can tell all chiroptera have the same or similar abilities... Diva and Saya have potent blood. Chevaliers and D67 infected humans all can transform into Bat-like creatures. And since we see Saya and Diva's mom as a crystallized creature, its safe to assume that she was killed, as most chiropterans are, having the head removed or destroyed. Its the only way Haji could kill anyone, other then burning them completely, Amshel tells Haji that. So its safe to assume her brain was removed from her empty skull, as the picture of the mother seems to show. So i'm guessing Saya and Diva can transform into bat monsters as well, since they are the most powerful chiropterans.

As for Van [the Candy man] If you recall his conversation with Solomon in the chopper as they were leaving Vietnam, he said he uses Delta67... and its wonderful. So its possible he takes small amounts to get the benefits of the regeneration and strength while not freaking out. So maybe he's getting his D67 from the candies he eats. And now he's addicted to the chemical and affect.

Just some thoughts... Tell me what you think... i know she things have been talked about before, but i thought they should all be lumped into a new thread, so people can voice their opinions.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:51 am
..........................Van the Drug Addict! rofl You make some good points there.........  

eternally_the_siren_sings
Crew

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:30 pm
Thank you... I just noticed a lot of these things as I watched the series, and I know a lot of them are issues that guild members often question.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:35 am
I rewatched the episode where he said that in the chopper just a week or two ago! I was like "So that's what's in his candy! >:] Ah, ha!" But then I forgot again like before when I watched it the first time. -_-;

Putting these frequently asked questions into one thread is very helpful. 3nodding Good thinking.  

YamiCheza
Crew

Paradigm of Humanity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 am
I'm fairly certain that it's been officially stated somewhere that Blood+ is set in an 'alternate universe' than Blood: The Last Vampire. It feels like Vietnam Saya is a throwback to the original story.

& I agree with your theory about Van's candy- I've always guessed that there was something weird about it (and that's why no one else eats it when offered) but I wasn't ever so sure about what it was.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:20 pm
Yeah like he offered one to that guy and he didn't eat it, and then everytime you thought he'd offer one, boom he'd take it away.

And it was stated on some sites that it is an alternative universe... they just used Vietnam, probably because it's well known in the Blood:TLV And so it helps make some connection to Saya... but the openning page of this Guild, i think draws too much conclusion.  

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:11 pm
Actually, Van offered candy to a guy in episode 4 and the guy actually ate it. the scene is at 1:26.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:17 am
i forgot that scene... but anyways it just seems like there much be a reason for a candy. I mean everything in the series means something... the wine, the real life wars... Diva's chevalier being some characters that cause conflict in the world, Grigori Rasputin, who many say betrayed the Romanovs and caused the Russian Revolution. And Martin Bormann, who was Adoph Hitler's private secretary for the Navi Party... it all ties into Conflict with the world. So if they make all these things important, i feel the candies must mean something.  

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:12 am
Wow, I'd forgot about the tie to the Nazis! O.O Diva really got around! or should I say Amshel since he was mostly running the show and Diva was just cool with everything he did? xd

I think there was probably a tiny dose of D67 in the candy, so taking such a small dose only one time didn't hurt him. It affects Van like he mentioned in the chopper because he takes it so often. That's my theory. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 pm
Ross Mohan I agree with you. I also think there is some thing in the candies (with the candies how ever you want to say it..) I think they amplify the human senses some how for a short period of time then receed. With out leaving any permanet damage to the host.  

HimeNausicaa

Dapper Noob

[ Blood+ ]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces