Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
URGENT: SIMS LAPTOP?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shmarty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:47 pm
I am looking into getting a new PC but my parents said they will only help pay if I get a laptop,

MY QUESTION IS, CAN SIMS BE PLAYED ON A LAPTOP?

My only concerns are, I wont be able to hold sims and all my CC on a laptop and if gameplay will be hard to enjoy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:04 am
Hello shmarty. Fancy meeting you here. wink

Yes. I've been playing on a laptop for a while now. It's not the best situation, but my computer is a freak and managed to play the game well even though it's processing power barely met the minimum requirements.

BIG tip: Make sure you look into your computer closely. Most laptops now-a-days come with integrated graphic chips instead of proper graphics cards and sims will NOT play well on those at all!

Also, make sure you have a good bit of RAM. This computer started with only 512 mb, which was less than impossible. I added another 512mb, and it ran fine after that.

The laptop I'm working on is a Dell Inspiron 8600, if that will help you at all. You might do good to get an older computer so long at it has the processing power required and an actual graphics card.

Make sure to do your research.

Banana-nana

shmarty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:16 am
Hey! It is good to see you here! xd

Anyway, I would like yo keep my game on my current PC (as in, NOT uninstall it) but would I be able to use my same game codes again on my new PC?

The PC I have right now has a 250GB Hard Drive and, I think somewhere around 1000 Memory but what is RAM?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:19 pm
You can use the dxdiag to peek at your system.

Go to the windows start menu, select run. Type in "dxdiag" without the quotes. Then you can look at info on your computer's brain (RAM, processing speed) on the first page. If you click on the display tab, you can see your video information.

Quote:
I would like yo keep my game on my current PC (as in, NOT uninstall it) but would I be able to use my same game codes again on my new PC?

Do you mean you want to keep your sims and neighborhood and move them over to the new PC? If so, that's easy enough to do. I used a 4gb USB key to transfer my entire Sims 2 folder over to a new computer.

Banana-nana

shmarty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:06 pm
thanks for the first part! *peeks at computer*

But, what I was actually saying was I want to keep my sims on this PC and also add it onto my NEW one, (so i can play both speratly). One is CC/Hack Free and my new one will be CC/Hack enhanced xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:29 pm
Sure, why couldn't you? Of course they will not be the same game if you try to play them both. Just make a copy of your Sims 2 folder and put it on the new computer after you have installed. 3nodding  

Banana-nana

shmarty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm
It was just wondering because I know that you are not supposed to share codes with friends and what not. xp

But, (and I'll try to keep this as simple as possilbe) I love the sims i have right now, its clean, cheat/hack free. plus i really like all my sims. But, in a way, I want to start anew with sims! So i can have all the fun of CC with my new game! So i don't really want my sims i have right now to be on my new game (no offence to them....) but I still want to keep them on this PC for future play!  
The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games