Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
In vitrofertilization and abortion...what does Islam say? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 pm
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful
Mini_Angel_1994
Ok, what Ratri said was totally correct. And let me make it simplier..

When Prophet Muhammad arrived to Madina, a mother came and put her son with Prophet Muhammad. So he can teach him what is Islam and so the child can learn from him things. But then people started calling him, the son of Muhammad. ( Zaid bin Muhammad, aka Zaid the son of Muhammad ) Which he isn't! And this is a huge deal because Muhammad ( As we all know ) is the last prophet that Allah will send. And he has the last message from Allah. So then when Muhammad will die, they will put Zaid bin Haretha as a prophet, because as we know, king's son becomes king. So Allah sent a messenger to Prophet Muhammad and told him, that you don't have any son, and people shouldn't call Zaid as your son. So the rules of adoption, which we don't call adoption, we have something called, kafl al yateem aka taking a responsibilty of an orphan, anywayz, the rules of taking responsibilty of an orphan is that the last name shouldn't be as yours, and you should tell him that I'm only taking responsibility of you and taking care of your money until you becomes an adult. When the child become an adult you won't have to take responsibility of him anymore. That's how kafl al yateem ( taking responsibility of an orphan ) goes in Islam.

Well I understand that now, I thought you were saying Adoption wasn't allowed at all which obviously wouldn't be right. Thanks for clarifying.
it still sounds up in my opinion. I don't see why an adopted child should be released of care just because he/she grows up and no inheritance. confused

When you said "up" did you mean "off"?

Anyway I'd rather have a child be taken care of then be stuck and stay a orphan all your life. I know that sometimes children adopted have abusive families but I'm positive being cruel to your adopted child is forbidden. Also I think it's better that you don't change that adopted child's name because it's better (in my opinion) to tell the truth early then later when it could influence their lives more.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:26 pm
Haydar the Truthful

When you said "up" did you mean "off"?

I edited my post. I meant to say messed up.

Haydar the Truthful
Anyway I'd rather have a child be taken care of then be stuck and stay a orphan all your life.

Yes, I have no problem with that...it's the rules that bother me.

Haydar the Truthful
Also I think it's better that you don't change that adopted child's name because it's better (in my opinion) to tell the truth early then later when it could influence their lives more.

Changing their first name, I agree, it's a bad idea. But having their last name changed to your family name....what's so bad about that? You are taking care of them, having them be a part of your family. I think not changing their last name would be more isolating them then anything else.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:12 pm
Ratri_Cat

Can you specify which rules bother you or is it just the last name thing?

Quote:
Changing their first name, I agree, it's a bad idea. But having their last name changed to your family name....what's so bad about that? You are taking care of them, having them be a part of your family. I think not changing their last name would be more isolating them then anything else.

The thing that's bad about that really, is that when the child learns by someone else, a family member, or by themselves out of research that they don't belong to this family or aren't originally from it, Will end up being isolated once they are grown and can move out, In my view it's like, You either live under a false name in which will end soon anyway (Sorta like my concept of Life and death and the shortness of it.) Or you learn of your name before your stuck with your actual name after being abandoned by the family who adopted you.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:19 pm
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat

Quote:

The thing that's bad about that really, is that when the child learns by someone else, a family member, or by themselves out of research that they don't belong to this family or aren't originally from it, Will end up being isolated once they are grown and can move out, In my view it's like, You either live under a false name in which will end soon anyway (Sorta like my concept of Life and death and the shortness of it.) Or you learn of your name before your stuck with your actual name after being abandoned by the family who adopted you.

A lot of adopted children take the family's last name and still grow up knowing that they are adopted.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:41 pm
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat

I don't see why it's so evil with the name thing and the thing concerning inheritance bothers me.
Haydar the Truthful
Quote:

What are you talking about? Most people that I know are adopted are quite fine with knowing that they're adopted and have the family name.
I don't see the tragedy here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:02 am
Most orphans should know that they're from the certain family, and know who their father is. It's important, I know it's like it in the mean time. And I know adopted children maybe happy with their life.

I've been thinking about it, and I figured out ( without learning it from anywhere else ) That it may be about money. Because most orphans inhert money. So kafl al yateem ( Taking responsibilty of an orphan ) is taking care of the orphan and the money inherted so it can't be lost. So when you become an adult, you should know how to take care of your money, and know where you should put it in. And you should be able to take care of yourself as well. You have your money in your pocket ( Safe and sound), you know who your family is. You know why your father was dead. And I think that's enough for this child to go on in life. It's even the same way for adopted children in the mean time. I mean, they move out once they're 18 or so? Am I right?

But the thing of the last name, I think that people should know that you are the son of someone, and people know who your father is. Especially if he was a great guy, they will start to tell you about him, they will tell you comforts. It's better in that way. Even though you know it yourself and you don't care about what people say. But in the other hand, I think it's important. Even though that the person who took the responsibility of this orphan is the one who raised him. It's just defining who you are. Where are you from. And people must know who you are, and where are you from.  

Mini_Angel_1994

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:09 am
Mini_Angel_1994
Most orphans should know that they're from the certain family, and know who their father is. It's important, I know it's like it in the mean time. And I know adopted children maybe happy with their life.

I've been thinking about it, and I figured out ( without learning it from anywhere else ) That it may be about money. Because most orphans inhert money. So kafl al yateem ( Taking responsibilty of an orphan ) is taking care of the orphan and the money inherted so it can't be lost. So when you become an adult, you should know how to take care of your money, and know where you should put it in. And you should be able to take care of yourself as well. You have your money in your pocket ( Safe and sound), you know who your family is. You know why your father was dead. And I think that's enough for this child to go on in life. It's even the same way for adopted children in the mean time. I mean, they move out once they're 18 or so? Am I right?

But the thing of the last name, I think that people should know that you are the son of someone, and people know who your father is. Especially if he was a great guy, they will start to tell you about him, they will tell you comforts. It's better in that way. Even though you know it yourself and you don't care about what people say. But in the other hand, I think it's important. Even though that the person who took the responsibility of this orphan is the one who raised him. It's just defining who you are. Where are you from. And people must know who you are, and where are you from.
well what about those who are actually abandoned? Back at home, there's this huge sad trend of "dumpster babies" where a mom ditches her child in the dumpster (sometimes shortly after birth). Most die before help even comes around. The few who are rescued don't have any traces back to their mom and dad. Nobody knows who they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:46 am
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994

well what about those who are actually abandoned? Back at home, there's this huge sad trend of "dumpster babies" where a mom ditches her child in the dumpster (sometimes shortly after birth). Most die before help even comes around. The few who are rescued don't have any traces back to their mom and dad. Nobody knows who they are.

I'm glad that you asked that question. The fact that didn't happen on prophet Mohammad (PBUH) time is that this question should be asked to a scholar. But, the reason why I was glad that you asked that question because this is the most awful problem that happens. Mostly, it won't happen in a muslim community. Because before marriage relationships are forbidden. And the girl wouldn't be ashamed for having a baby, because the whole world knows that she's married.

But for those children, there are certain places for them. And they also cannot be named as your last name. Because it's important for people to know that they're not your son/daughter. You know that this child can marry your own daughter! And having the same last name would be really weird!  

Mini_Angel_1994

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:30 am

Is abortion allowed if the fetus threatens the life of the mother?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:30 pm
Ratri_Cat

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Hello, all.
Got some more questions for you.

What does Islam say about in vitro-fertilization (aka artificial insemination)?
If a husband and wife cannot naturally conceive, is it ok for them to go to a doctor and have it artificially done for them (taking egg and injecting sperm in it then implanting it in the wife's uterus)?

What about abortion? I always see lots of Christian people protesting it, but never hear about Muslims doing that sort of thing. What does the Qu'ran state about abortions?

Instead of me explaining and typing this will answer all of our muslim brothers and sisters questions:::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6M4JOBiiHI plz watch  

XxXZero_BeatXxX

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:38 pm
Absurd Thought

Is abortion allowed if the fetus threatens the life of the mother?

In principle, the Qur'an condemns the killing of humans (except in the case of defense or as capital punishment), but it does not explicitly mention abortion. This leads Islamic theologians to take up different viewpoints: while the majority of early Islamic theologians permitted abortion up to day 40 of pregnancy or even up to day 120, many countries today interpret these precepts protecting unborn children more conservatively. Although there is no actual approval of abortion in the world of Islam, there is no strict, unanimous ban on it, either. Islam has not given any precise directions with regard to the issue of abortion. Hence it is not a matter, which has been clearly stated in the Shari'ah (Islamic Law) but rather an issue pertaining to the application of our knowledge of the Shari'ah. Such application may vary in conclusion with a difference in the basic premises of one's arguments.
The Qur'an clearly disapproves of killing other humans: “Take not life which Allah has made sacred” (6:151; see also 4:29 “If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (for ever)” (4:93). Allah (SWT) went even further, making unlawful killing of a single individual human being equal to mass murder of the whole of mankind: "Because of that, We ordained for the children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or for spreading mischief on earth, it would be as if he killed all mankind. And who saved a life, it would be as if he saved all mankind." (Al-Maidah, 5:32)

As to whether abortion is a form of killing a human, the Qur'an does not make any explicit statements. Only Surah 17:31 warns believers in general: “Kill not your children for fear of want. We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.”
No one, not even the mother, has the right to get rid of it unless its presence threatens the life of the mother. For in that case, Islam allows abortion within those limits only.

There are those in Islam who oppose all abortions. A favored text to support this is: "Do not kill your children for fear of poverty for it is We who shall provide sustenance for you as well as for them." (Surah, Al-An' am, 6:151). This Qur'anic reference is to killing already born children--usually girls. The text was condemning this custom. The Arabic word for killing used in this text "means not only slaying with a weapon, blow or poison, but also humiliating or degrading or depriving children of proper upbringing and education." The text doesn't explicitly address the abortion and therefore doesn't close the argument on it.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff