[SRP] Grow Up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm
User Image

An elephant trumpet echoed from the forest bordering the Kusini land. Soon after, a youth, older than a cub but younger than an adolescent, exited the forest, huffing. Many believed that it was haunted but after growing up with a father who was obsessed and believed too strongly in the existence of magic in his children (for Phooka to find they had none), Phooka believed very little nowadays unless it was founded by fact. As a matter of fact, thanks to his father, Phooka went around being his littermates' substitute father. He disliked his father's attitude and the fact that he seemed only interested in his children when it involved inspecting the progress of their "talents". As a matter of fact, his attentions were mostly devoted to Phooka's aunt and two cousins, half-siblings by his father. His aunt was the love of his father's life but in Phooka's mind that shouldn't exclude his own mother and siblings as much as it did.

Speaking of which, there was Ferry now. He frowned at the boy and walked over. Ferry better not be checking up on him again.

Ferrishyn hummed to himself as he goofed. There wasn't much for him to be about, to do, things like that. He pretty much did what he wanted. Sure, his mother was all no-nonsense but his father pretty much spoiled him rotten and Ferri got away with simply claiming that he had super-hearing. As a matter of fact, the one time he successfully faked it had been enough to have his father send him off to be alone as often as possible. And it suited Ferry just fine. He had issues with other people. They just didn't like the way he did things, he supposed. Always calling him a spoiled sport or a spoiled brat.

Of course, pretending to have a talent meant that he actually did have to have some sort of natural capibility. So he was easily alerted to the elephant call only to find it coming from Phooka. Just great. Mr. Smarty pants.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:16 pm
Phooka glared at Ferri. "What do you want?" His eyes were narrowed. The boy meant trouble. As far as Phooka was concerned nothing good could come from him. But then again, part of his bias probably came from the fact that he was a favorite of Ulozi's, someone Phooka never addressed as father unless forced to. And Phooka's influence could not touch Ferri who thought so well of himself. "You better not be snoopin'."

Ferri narrowed his eyes, himself. He never liked Phooka's lordly attitude and his desire to control everything. Phooka just didn't understand that everyone deserved to live their own life. And many didn't want Phooka to be a part of it. Or so he saw it in his mind. "I have better things to do than snoop on you. So really, what I'd like is for you to continue right along on your travels." Ferri could only respond to attitude with attitude. It was all he knew and Phooka seemed to bring out the worst in him.  

Asparegus

Asparegus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:56 pm
Phooka threw him a dirty look, his mouth almost agape from insult. "One of these days," he exclaimed, "someone is going to teach you some manners. And you ain't gunna like it." Seriously. The boy knew no rules, he knew no respect. He was out here because no one wanted to play with him. Not even Nyx most likely. Probably off playing with his imaginary friend. At least Phooka's siblings had some intelligence to them and some respect. Ulozi may spoil Ferrishyn but as far as Phooka was concerned, Ferri might as well have had no one to raise him from the way he acted.

Really now. Ferri just wanted to come out here to have fun, not be bombarded by some stuck up prat who thought he could run everyone's life. "And I suppose you think you're so great? Well look here, not every thing's about you. You think I came here to spy on you. What if I came here to get away from people like you?" He huffed and narrowed his eyes. How dare Phooka!

((wow I have no create-able juices. I think this is not turning out to be as brilliantly done as I planned three months ago))  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:29 pm
He shook his head. "You don't seem to realize that no one is your friend. Why is that? Huh? That's because you're self-centered. You don't realize that no one plays games your way. No one is supposed to let you win. No one even plays games where you're king and they kiss the ground you walk on. You think you're better because you have 'magic'? We all know magic does not exist and that there's seven lions other than you who have to pretend to have powers." Ferrishyn was stupid and that was that.

((oh I cannot do this =________= time for a nice break))  

Asparegus

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff