Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Jesus in Islam? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:48 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Believe it or not... Jesus is also a very important person in Islam...

There's one thing that was misunderstood... Jesus was a normal man like any other... accept he was chosen by Allah to be a prophet... he was not Allah's son...

Also... Mary mother of Jesus gave birth to Jesus all on her own in the hot heated desert in pain... there was no Joseph... (in the bible Jesus's birth was all nice and a happy moment) the truth is it wasn't a happy moment... it was a women's struggle on her own with no one to help her...

There was no father (she was not married)... and in those days that was a very big sin to get pregnant before marriage... people would get kicked out of their house for bringing shame on the family...

Also in the Qur'an... it says that Jesus spoke as a new born baby (the 1st miracle of Jesus) where as in the bible the 1st ever miracle recorded was when Jesus turned water into wine... at the late age of round 30...

Theres lots more stuff about jesus... more then you will find in any other religion... and also its in detail... where as in the bible it just touches the surface of the subject....

Also another thing... christens believe Jesus was god in human form (gods son)... so if his god who does he pray to? (there's countless occassiaons he was seen praying to Allah)

Hope no 1 is offended by this post...
Feel free to comment and add your thoughts people 3nodding

NO not all christans believ he was god it depends on your sect Roman catholics belive he is the SON of god matter of fact ALL christans do

but only the scholars like sam shamoun and jimmy szhwaggart etc.......... belive he was god but the bible was writtin so many time by so many people  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:06 pm
Yeah, I'm a Methodist Christian (um, lite Catholic is the nickname), well, semi-Christian because I'm not that good of one.

Afterlife (Protestant version):

Believe in Jesus and generally be a good person, heaven.

Bad person/don't believe in Jesus, go to hell (I have a problem with this, but that is for another day).

No purgatory

Communion is a symbol, we don't believe in Saints, and don't do confession. All the rest of the Methodist beliefs are the same as Roman Catholic. Since it is not big, we are not known for any violence, but I bet there is violence. There always is.

I really don't get the difference between denominations. We are all Christians, so why do people care so much? Does this happen in Islam as well? I mean, there is violence in Ireland over the branches.  

ffdarkangel

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 pm
ffdarkangel
Yeah, I'm a Methodist Christian (um, lite Catholic is the nickname), well, semi-Christian because I'm not that good of one.

Afterlife (Protestant version):

Believe in Jesus and generally be a good person, heaven.

Bad person/don't believe in Jesus, go to hell (I have a problem with this, but that is for another day).

No purgatory

Communion is a symbol, we don't believe in Saints, and don't do confession. All the rest of the Methodist beliefs are the same as Roman Catholic. Since it is not big, we are not known for any violence, but I bet there is violence. There always is.

I really don't get the difference between denominations. We are all Christians, so why do people care so much? Does this happen in Islam as well? I mean, there is violence in Ireland over the branches.

Lite Catholic doesn't cover it. Episcopalians are closer to Catholics than Methodist.

There are many reasons why I chose to remain Catholic, one of them being more open minded about people's beliefs in terms of going to heaven.

There are differences between denominations because of different belief systems. If we all agreed there would only be Catholicism/Orthodox.

I care about the differences because it seems to me, as a Roman Catholic, that in the Christian sects are created because of the following:
1) genuine distaste and difficulties with doctrine and a need to reform (like the Protestant Movement)
2) you're too lazy to abide by traditional rules and you leave and make your own for your own convenience.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:37 pm
Methodists are 2. We are Catholics that can't obide by the rules. xd Pretty close still, though if you say the services in Latin, we can't understand *remembers going to a Catholic church where service was in Latin. Everyone was clueless to what is going on*. I personally don't care as much about the branches, and think if you are a good person, you'll go to heaven (reguardless if you even believe in God or not). I don't see much difference between Judaism, Christianity, or Islam either. Yeah, you can tell I came from a mixed religious household (one was, one was not).  

ffdarkangel

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:24 pm
ffdarkangel
Methodists are 2. We are Catholics that can't obide by the rules

Erm. Not by our Catholic standards. Sorry, but we don't consider you all that close to us, on basic Church history and belief systems.
Here's a picture of the biggest branches that we consider related most closely to us, as recommended by Tradition and Catholic websites
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Here's another more detailed version:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This one I got from a secular website.

ffdarkangel
xd Pretty close still, though if you say the services in Latin, we can't understand *remembers going to a Catholic church where service was in Latin. Everyone was clueless to what is going on*.

Uhm...yeah, most Masses are not in Latin anymore. We decided that in 1959 at Vatican II council. We figured that it would be good for people to understand what was going on.

ffdarkangel
I don't see much difference between Judaism, Christianity, or Islam either. Yeah, you can tell I came from a mixed religious household (one was, one was not).

3nodding I come from a militant Catholic family, but I believe that those religions, and branches of it as well as other beliefs are simply different paths people take to become closer to the divine Truth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:34 am
Interesting i guess...  

Zaakii

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:41 pm
What I find startling is the number of Muslims converting to Christianity.

Quote:
“In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity."

I got this from an article by Andrew Walden. Pretty interesting. The claim is based on Islamic Extremism scaring people away from Islam.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 pm
People are running away from Christianity as well. Christians lately haven't been the best of people and have been known to be intolerant of other people of other religions (just a sterotype). Christians today also don't live up to the basic moral standards in the bible, such as waiting till marriage to have sex. All this is driving people away, such as me. I'm barely Christian, and other Christians don't consider me 'Christian' because I question my religion, and don't believe everything that is fed to me.

Islam might fall into the same fate, but at least the majority of Muslims are actually living up the moral standards to a point.  

ffdarkangel

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:02 am
Aha 3nodding

May you find the right path xd

There is not that many christians as people think... Example in the protostant country's like Denmark... The people don't really belvie in god, but they are counted as the goverment as being christians.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:08 am
Zaaki
Aha 3nodding

May you find the right path xd
I will be a Muslim no matter what.

Zaaki
There is not that many christians as people think... Example in the protostant country's like Denmark... The people don't really belvie in god, but they are counted as the goverment as being christians.
But they're not Muslim either.
Denmark is a small country to begin with, hardly enough to put a huge dent in the religious followers of Christianity.

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:30 am
Nono! Denmark is HUGE! razz rofl

And stuff like Sweden, Norway, Germany are also like that...

Sweden needs population, that's why they let soo many people immigrant.

Denmark is only about 6million people... But like 35million pigs rofl

Germany got like 90million people, but it's also big... And it's not relegious... They don't have many churches either... In Italy and those, they got it in every mountain... razz  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 am
Zaaki
Nono! Denmark is HUGE! razz rofl

And stuff like Sweden, Norway, Germany are also like that...

Sweden needs population, that's why they let soo many people immigrant.

Denmark is only about 6million people... But like 35million pigs rofl

Germany got like 90million people, but it's also big... And it's not relegious... They don't have many churches either... In Italy and those, they got it in every mountain... razz

You're making no sense whatsoever. Denmark is a small country compared to other countries like USA, Argentina, ect.

Absurd Thought

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:54 am
It's bigger than Lichenstein xp It's also bigger than Qatar razz

It used to big... Acturally Russia, Greenland, Island, England, Farroe islands, Caribean Islands, Sweden, Norway, some of Germany... Were ruled kinda by Denmark/skandinavians...

I'm not sure about they exacly ruled Russia, but Russia's name is made for the skandinavians...

Big ain't it? lol

I just forgot the point of our discussion... What's the argue exacly?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff