Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
SOCOM: Confrontation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Thats right Socom lovers....Another SOCOM game is hitting shelves sooner than you think! Except this one is different: Its all online...think Quake wars except for SOCOM. From what I have seen the game looks great: you start off with a marine and a mercenary, both characters of which you can upgrade and customize with gear, weapons, etc.

The Clan system has really been promoted this time around, (great news for thsis guild clan wise) and apparently when you join a clan you unlock addidtional equipment for your character, since teamwork is promoted. The game comes with a bluetooth headset, and it looks sweet.

These guys have really re-worked everything: The visuals look great, the dynamics seem awesome. Apparently, you can roll or throw grenades, even though it sounds like a small feature, it works completely well. Also, sixaxis plays its part here, but suprisingly, it works. Apparently, while behaind cover, you can tilt you control to lean in different direction, even if just slightly.

On the topic of cover, there is no "Stick to things" cover system like in gears of war or rainbow six vegas. Your character may utilize EVERYTHING as cover, nothing it left out, complete with destrucible things like propone tanks and garbage bags.

SCREENS:
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:06 pm
Should I just use this as your section's thing for the newspaper?  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:56 pm
Well I was planning on doing one for Metal gear Solid 4, so its your call.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 am
Well it was due last night -_-; (today being sunday)  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:17 pm
well I did not know that, so go ahead and use this one.  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games