Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
How To Play The Game [Join Us!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 am
Welcome To:
Hoω τo ρlαy τhε Gαmε
Our very own way to teach you how to roleplay!

Hey there! Welcome to "How To Play The Game". Here, we invite you to take part in a simple roleplay so you can learn how to "play the game" and so that you can learn the basic rules and principals before you head for the big time. This is meant to be a "no-pressure" environment where people of all skill levels, including no level at all, can come together and help one another improve. And, since the best way to perfect a skill is to practice it, that is exactly what we intend to do! Below, you will see a basic plot for a roleplay which everyone will create characters for and then we will play it out. After each post, people will (if you want them to) help you improve everything from your spelling, to grammar, to keeping in line with the plot.
And while it may seem that this is aimed at people who don't know how to roleplay or how to roleplay well, I also want those who are good roleplayers to join! I need your help to help those that are new to the craft. That way, there will be lots of different opinions and different types of input. So, sound good? Then join us!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 am
This Post Is For:
τhε ρloτ

Sorry to be terribly boring and cliche, but here goes:

This is a basic High School Roleplay. Characters range from fourteen years of age to eighteen. Each character has friends, enemies, and relationships. This plot is very, very, broad. And it is meant to be that way. People can have many opportunities to describe themselves, others and their own location. You can also describe your classes, and your teachers. But you also have the opportunity to meet with other characters and carry on conversations with them.

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:18 pm
This Post Is For:
τhε Rυlεs

__Standard Roleplaying Rules Apply____
____Now, you are probably saying, "If I am here, then I may not know the standard rules!" And that is a very valid point. So, the very, very basic rules are as follows.
__[1.] No Killing.
__[2.] No Cybering.
__[3.] Keep Absolutely Everything At Or Below The PG-13 Level.
__[4.] Follow The Plot, No Matter What!
__[5.] Have Fun!

__Please Be Open To Criticism____
____Now, remember, if you want to be taught, that may require someone to give you suggestions on what to do or what not to do. But you must be open to it! No one is trying to offend you or put you down, they are simply there to help you become a better roleplayer! Don't be offended, just put up with it and you will improve.

__Be Constructive____
____If you want to be a tutor, you must give constructive criticism. Besides simply telling people what they are doing wrong, tell them what they are doing right, too. This saves people from getting offended by your remarks.

__Basic Requirements____
____IMPORTANT! I completely understand that some of you are new to this. There are, however, a few basic skills that you need to have before we begin. These are as follows:
__[1.] Everyone will have a colour. This will be of your own choosing. This will come up again later.
__[2.] For dialogue, or speaking you are to use quotations. It is also to be coloured and bolded. Example: "Hello there."
__[3.] For thoughts, you will use italics. It will also be coloured, but not bolded. Example: But why?
__[4.] For any text talk or online chatting the text must be coloured, bolded and underlined. This is the only place that chat-speak with be permitted. Example: Hey buddy! Text me!
__[5.] OOC, Out Of Character speech, will be between double brackets. This includes any and all criticism and questions. Example: [[Check your spelling on the last post.]]
__[6.] In Out Of Character [OOC] posts, use an "at" symbol to determine who you are talking to. Do not use this in normal posts. Example: [[@Phantom - What am I doing again?]]
__[7.] Do not use emotes of any kind or chatspeak in your In Character posts. You may, however, use emotes (but not chatspeak, under any circumstance [unless you are "texting"]) in your OOC posts.
__[8.] You may chat with other members as well as give advice in the OOC posts. Remember that we are all friends here.

__Relating to Thread Layout____
____I know that I am usually the "OOC Thread" advocate, but this thread is different. I expect it to be very, very messy. I expect there to be a post, then a few posts of criticism proceeding it and then another post. That is how it should be.

__Tutors And Students____
____There is no specific tutor for each student or vice versa. No. All tutors can help all students and all students can ask for help from all of the tutors. Students can, however, ask a specific tutor for suggestions in an OOC post. Also, you can be both a tutor and a student if you wish.

__Remember Tutors!____
____Tutors must remember that they are supposed to make roleplaying posts too. But they will not be criticized. Their posts only help to advance the story.

__Enjoy the Experience____
____Remember that this is still a roleplay. Have fun with it! Whether you are critiquing or receiving criticism, please remember to have fun with this roleplay and keep it going. People from all levels are coming together in this venture and it can be a blast if you let it.

__A Short Apology____
____I don't mean to sound like a dictator, and I am terribly sorry if I have come off in such a way. I am here to help you, not to repress your creative talent. So if I seem a bit mean, I am sorry. I hope to be better in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:48 pm
This Is The Post Concerning:
τhε τυτθrs

In order to give the pupils more imput, we need more than one (me) tutor. We need people who consider themselves to be good, or even great roleplayers to join and help those who wish to be helped. If you want to become a tutor, send me a private message titled "The Gift of Knowledge" and tell me that you want to become a tutor. Also, send me a decent sample of your roleplaying or writing so that I know you are good.

The Tutors
__[I.] The Phantom Magician
__[II.] Otulissa
__[III.]

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:58 pm
This Is The Post Concerning:
τhε Sτυδεητs

Ever wanted to roleplay but didn't know how? Or did you ever want to improve but didn't know where to start? Well, we are here to help! The tutors here want to help up and coming roleplayers to get started or improve. If you want to be a student here, send me a message titled, "Lend Me The Skills To Help Me Improve" and you shall become one. To become a student, you do not need to send me a sample.

The Students
__[I.]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:23 pm
This Post Is For:
τhε Chαrαςτεrs

Since I want to make this whole roleplay very simple, I am not going to make any of you fill out a profile skeleton. Instead, I just want a name, a gender, and a paragraph long (about ten sentences mimimum, please) description of your character. Who they are, a brief personality write-up and a few facts. That's it. You also need a colour that you will post with. Remember that most text won't be coloured, only thoughts and dialogue. Consult the rules.

>> [ Username ]
[ Character Name ]
__[Post Colour]
Character Description

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

The Phantom Magician

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:38 pm
This Post Is:
Rεsεrvεd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:39 pm