Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
I got the Red Rings of Death on mah Xbox T_T Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Psychic

Sparkly Genius

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:51 am
Yeah, my boyfriend got the Red Ring of Death. Needless to say, he wasn't very happy. Fortunately, I have managed to avoid getting the Red Ring of Death (for now at least).

Anyways, I highly doubt the Towel Method works. In fact, I heard that the main cause of the Red Ring of Death was overheating. So, I doubt that adding more heat to it will help it.

I did hear of a way to prevent your 360 from getting the Red Ring, though. Bassically, you remove the plastic ventilation thing thats on the side of your 360. Then you place a small fan near the 360 and have it blow on it. I heard that not only will this prevent the Red Ring of Death but 360 will also perform better. However, I have yet to try this myself so I'm not 100% sure that it works. Also, if you already have the Red Ring then I don't think it will do you any good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:06 pm
the red ring happend to me when i was playing saints row 2 online a week after that i bought a new xbox 360 so i got 2 of em  

Ebil beavers

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 pm
Lol, I'm sorry. I'm lucky enough that mine'll just crap-out when I play it for 8 hours straight. I probably deserve the Red Ring. Haven't got a single one though.

And none of the methods to "cool your system" down work. What they end up doing, the fan for instance, is keeping the heat from your XBOX in and causing it to overheat faster. Same thing with the towel method.

They say the Red Ring is a virus on the XBOX, whether you have it or not is pure luck of the draw...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:56 am
I'm so sorry man. D: I was lucky enough to get it right at the end of the revised warranty thing. XD  

XxScarecrowxX

demourir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:41 pm
Do not use the towel method. It will destroy your xbox. The best fix is to install the x-clamp and fix the soldering and even upgrade the fan. The towel method will only melt the soldering further and make the RRoD unfixable.

And if you send it in to Microsoft, they will only send you a refurbished one. If you do that, you'll want to take off the hd and keep all cables. If it's not under warranty, it costs a lot... about a hundred bucks i think. You can look up people who will fix it for a lot cheaper than that, as well as make it so that it will never get the RRoD again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:15 am
check your power brick first  

Leprachaun 13

The Anasazi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 am
I've heard that the 360 elite's don't get the red ring. So, if ppl would stop being cheap... XD  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff