Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Um...has anyone else seen this stuff? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyle Hyde

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:07 pm
TwilightHaseoX
Its R2 online, an unofficial CC corp has stopped designing this game a couple months ago if you want a link to there online game the world r1 just ask me and I can link you, althought the game sucks.

I'm sorry,
but R:1 does NOT suck.
You probably get bored with it because it's 2D,
but it's a perfect example of how better graphics don't make a better game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:10 pm
And btw,
this is kind of old news.
:/
Just saying...

Kyle Hyde

MatsuroX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:10 pm
I'm not shallow when it comes to grphics I don't mind the graphics, we all have our own oppinions on what we like, I just thought it got boring for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:50 pm
TwilightHaseoX
I'm not shallow when it comes to grphics I don't mind the graphics, we all have our own oppinions on what we like, I just thought it got boring for me.

Oh well.
It's just that I'm so used to people saying a game sucks because it is not a sports game or it has bad graphics.

Kyle Hyde

Tokio Kuryuu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:42 pm
Info_Man already stated he modled them after those characters so BAM!

I've been at CC corp since March 2007 and I am a big supporter of their work. Icant wait for them to finish.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:49 pm
Oh, I'm so sorry Monsieur Hyde. Not really.
I'm sorry, but the artwork does royally suck. Even using as placeholders
for alternate characters, the least they couild have done was actually give
credit to the original artists. Simply put, the "placeholder" artwork is
pathetic, crappily put together, and then photoshopped to seem more
acceptible. It's sad that you can find most of the basis artwork by simply
googling the character name.
Actually, I find it offensive that they are even taking on the persona of CC
Corp. CC Corp is a team of professionals, not college kids that decided to
make The World out of pure boredom. It was a professional company that
actually knew what they were doing. .hack//Fragment was the closest
thing to an online version of The World that anyone will ever get.
Otherwise, it all just ends up as a cheap knockoff of Runescape.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Tokio Kuryuu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 pm
We should appreciate the fact that they're actually making a world for us. Who cares if they didnt make official art, who cares if they use CC corp as their name. The point is that they're working their asses off to make a world for all the .hack fans out there. I mean they could've cancelled the game for all they cared or Bamco couldve completely shut down the site but they didnt.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:13 pm
Kyle Hyde
TwilightHaseoX
Its R2 online, an unofficial CC corp has stopped designing this game a couple months ago if you want a link to there online game the world r1 just ask me and I can link you, althought the game sucks.

I'm sorry,
but R:1 does NOT suck.
You probably get bored with it because it's 2D,
but it's a perfect example of how better graphics don't make a better game.

Actually, I'm very shallow about my game graphics. I could NEVER have played R:1. I need amazing graphics to have fun, or I'm just not into it, y'know? I play games for the escape to new realities, and graphics that don't pull it off well make the games tedious for me.
@Slate: Okay, so the artwork isn't great. But I agree with Tokio, at least they're trying. No actual game company seems up for making The World for real (I've heard rumours of it coming out somewhere around 2010-2016, but I could be wrong), so I admire them for taking on the task. They have some big shoes to fill, and they seem to be trying very hard to do so.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Kyle Hyde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:58 pm
The Slate Scholar
Oh, I'm so sorry Monsieur Hyde. Not really.
I'm sorry, but the artwork does royally suck. Even using as placeholders
for alternate characters, the least they couild have done was actually give
credit to the original artists. Simply put, the "placeholder" artwork is
pathetic, crappily put together, and then photoshopped to seem more
acceptible. It's sad that you can find most of the basis artwork by simply
googling the character name.
Actually, I find it offensive that they are even taking on the persona of CC
Corp. CC Corp is a team of professionals, not college kids that decided to
make The World out of pure boredom. It was a professional company that
actually knew what they were doing. .hack//Fragment was the closest
thing to an online version of The World that anyone will ever get.
Otherwise, it all just ends up as a cheap knockoff of Runescape.

Alright, that's it.
I've lost total respect for you.
I don't mean to sound like a bitchy fanboy though.
I know you have your opinions,
but reading your words anger me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 pm
XxGrieverxX
Puppetry

Lol giant Q-tip? xD;

I don't think I ever want to play Cyberconnects' version of The World. :/

Why? :0

Because I don't think The World was meant to be played as a simple mmorpg. The World in .hack was interesting because it was a virtual reality type thing.

Cyberconnects' The World just took on the regular 'game part' of The World, and made it seem like a really amateurish little game. Yeah, I play Flyff, the point of that game seems to be pretty shallow as well, but at least the characters are really cute and the graphics are pretty xD

You guys are saying how they went out of their way to create "The World" for .hack fans. But as a fan, what if I really didn't want an mmorpg of "The World" like this? When I think of wanting The World, I'm thinking of stuff to the near future that will actually allow me to experience the Virtual Reality part of The World.

As an unofficial website dedicated to this kind of project, they should try their best to make it extra awesome if they want to please the fans. Art and graphics is a big thing, don't lie to yourselves.

At least they can't just throw at ME a game like this and expect praise and worship.

Puppetry

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:46 pm
I agree with that. My vision of The World has always been that it would be VR, just like in the animes.
I was just saying that it's nice that they're trying to do something for us all, but I know it could never live up to the real one. Until they perfect virtual reality, I don't think we'll ever get any versions of The World that will even hold its own against the original. Until then, we just have to make do with what people are offering.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:48 pm
The sad thing is that CC tried to make The World like the actuall World from .hack buuuuuut... bamco stepped in said: "You need to change this this and this or we'll shut ya down."

So it cant be too close to THE World but pretty damn close.

(damn you copyright)  

Tokio Kuryuu

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Kyle Hyde

Alright, that's it.
I've lost total respect for you.
I don't mean to sound like a bitchy fanboy though.
I know you have your opinions,
but reading your words anger me.

Oh! My heart. It bleeds from your words. Sharp as a feather. I don't believe I ever asked for or cared to earn your respect, now did I? And you've used "bitchy fanboy" in both of your replies to me now, which does make you sound like a b***h. Not a fanboy, because I'm not really sure where that term fits in in your responses. Oh well. Not like I care about your opinion of me.

On a separate note, I agree with Puppetry. She does honestly get what I was trying to put across [just in meaner words]. However, I also believe that there won't be a "World" like the ones we've come to know. Remember, the entire .hack//series is the result of a total accident. Aura, Morganna, Guardian, AIDA, Vagrant AI, Cubia, Epitaphs, The Wave. Everything that we love is nothing more than a glitch in the data [that was ironically put in there to serve some purpose]. Only a few chosen were ever exposed to these elements of the game. "The World" as a game would have to be completely devoid of these elements, seeing as how they weren't intended to be a part of regular gameplay. We'd all just be the characters "wondering what that big sound was" or "don't know what's happening". We'd just be regular characters. Placing Epitaphs and AIDA in games ruins their uniqueness and creates an unfair advantage for several other player [imagine Endrance's use of his Epitaph]. Sure you can have regular moderators that have the Epitaphs, but still, there is truly no difference from it an any other roleplay. It'd be just another MapleStory, Flyff, or Cabal.

@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff