Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
8th Expansion pack?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 am
On the official site, there is a little teaser about "Apartments" a new EP for Sims 2.

Found out about it from this thread.

Here's a direct link to the image: http://thesims2.ea.com/images/home/ep8_teaser.jpg

Thoughts?

I find this all interesting since some people (me included) are already doing this. I use Monique's mods so that sims can pay other sims rent or take out loans to pay back so they can get a decent house.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:54 am
I don't think that would be fun AT ALL!

First off: I don't think they would really make it since sims3 is coming out, so sales would be down.

Second: How much new content could that really come with? Not much. It might actually make the game worse. Plus all the bugs it would come with and what not....

Third: I would like to see some new actions, and reactions, they would be funny. Plus the drama would be fun....

I hope the don't make this game and if they do I will not buy it.  

shmarty

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:56 pm
Apartments is pretty much confirmed.

Some of the later FT games came with a pamphlet for Apartments.
I'm quite looking forwards to it. May not be M'M, but I think it'll be great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:29 am
Shmarty. as Heart of Reality points out, and as my link in the main poist shows, it is indeed confirmed and that preview is on the official site. There will indeed be an eighth EP.

Just because they are releasing Sims 3 in a year doesn't mean they won't want to make some money in the meantime.

As for the items, I don't know what will be included, but according to this post at TSR, here is a list of possible items that may be introduced:
Quote:

We are considering introducing the following new items in a new expansion pack. Please indicate which of the following features you are interested in.
- Toddler Spring Rider - Playground Slide
- Vending machine
- Closet
- Fire hydrant with sprinkler
- Spiral Staircase
- Ownable Helicopter
- Baby Floor Gym - Food replicator (machine that makes any food you want)
- Huge Saltwater aquarium
- Playground Lookout Tower
- Monkey Bars - Graffiti
- Baby Bouncy Chair
- Penned miniature dog
- Medicine Cabinet
- Overhead cabinets
- Ceiling Fans
- Ceilings
- Hopscotch
- Merry Go Round
- Murphy Bed (bed stored in a wall cabinet)
- None of the above

(For those too lazy to click the link, this is a list that was up at Snooty sims. It was from a survey, so these are NOT items that will be in the game, but possible items.  

Banana-nana

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[I know i am not going to buy the sims 3 i'll just stick with 2 for a long time xD
and i think the apartments sounds pretty nice to me :B <3
i need to buy night life,pets and seasons before i can go on to the sims 3 XD <3 college too :3
May be the apartments also :3]

I'm questing for an OMG...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm
I'm kinda mixed about the new EP. I mean after reading that list of what is possibly to come I'm excited and can't wait. But I'm also wondering if that in the apartments will we be controlling all the sims living there or just the family we select/create? If it's going to be the later then I may just pass on it and wait for sims 3. xd ;;  

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

shmarty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:28 pm
My thoughts on "possible" new items:

- Toddler Spring Rider - Playground Slide= apartment playground....I haven't seen any apartments I live by with these. And if you made a communtiy lot "park" MORE LOADING! *enough!*
- Vending machine= snacks from the fridge....
- Closet= I'm just confused about this one....I just build by sims closets of their own.
- Fire hydrant with sprinkler= intresting but seems like it would be glitchy if firefighters actually used it....
- Spiral Staircase= intresting but; CC already has this.
- Ownable Helicopter= also intresting but I prefer my sims game to be realistic.
- Baby Floor Gym - Food replicator (machine that makes any food you want) = a food replicator would be okay but sims would not earn much if any cooking skills from it.
- Huge Saltwater aquarium
- Playground Lookout Tower
- Monkey Bars - Graffiti
- Baby Bouncy Chair
- Penned miniature dog
- Medicine Cabinet= seasons comes with that
- Overhead cabinets
- Ceiling Fans= fun, but only if they lower the seasons EP "body heat" meter
- Ceilings^ sort of needed for above...^^^
- Hopscotch= very cool but where would it be done...driveways?
- Merry Go Round= this one sounds like fun.
- Murphy Bed (bed stored in a wall cabinet)= VERY COOL, i would love if a sim hovering could get killed by it. "Death by Bed"

Like I said before I don't think this would be a good EP. If they had a whole sims pack for Dogs and a whole pack for Cats and a pack for Rain, that would be the same as the Apartments EP. It just isn't a big enough idea. I don't think they have enough to work with and this will be more like a Stuff Pack of sorts.

***PLUS*** What about the 8 sims per lot limit? Would the members of the home be townies? *shudders at townie ugliness*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm
User Image User ImageI really want the apartments. I make em already, not using a mod, but just the no entry dorm room door.. and it badly gets the job done. So apartments is something I have been looking forward to for a long time.

However with the Sims 3 coming out I'm not sure if I even want to spend the money on it. I know I never played with the original Sims since Sims 2 came out and I'm sure once I get my hands on a copy of Sims 3 the Sim 2 will be long forgotten about.  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:34 pm
Shiver`
User Image User ImageI really want the apartments. I make em already, not using a mod, but just the no entry dorm room door.. and it badly gets the job done. So apartments is something I have been looking forward to for a long time.

However with the Sims 3 coming out I'm not sure if I even want to spend the money on it. I know I never played with the original Sims since Sims 2 came out and I'm sure once I get my hands on a copy of Sims 3 the Sim 2 will be long forgotten about.

I make apartments, too, but I don't use the dorm doors because they block the view, unlike normal doors, which can be locked per Sim. The main complaint I have with this method, though, is that funds are shared by the entire lot. I'm hoping funds can be divided for this expansion pack. I'm very much looking forward to it, especially since I know I won't be able to get Sims 3 for a long, long time, until I can afford a new computer...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 pm
True... I am curious as to how they're going to make it different. Will we have townies as neighbors? I hope not!

And the shared income is rather annoying. Fin Raziel, you could try downloading Monique's hacked computer at MTS2. It has an option for banking, so sims could put their money into their own accounts.

Or just buy items like sculptures and stick it in their inventories.  

Banana-nana

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:58 pm
Banana-nana
Fin Raziel, you could try downloading Monique's hacked computer at MTS2. It has an option for banking, so sims could put their money into their own accounts.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. ^^

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:38 pm
If the list of new items is accurate, I'd definitely buy Apartments. I've been waiting for years for Maxis to make some more baby-toddler items. whee  

cerulean16

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
cerulean16
If the list of new items is accurate, I'd definitely buy Apartments. I've been waiting for years for Maxis to make some more baby-toddler items. whee

It isn't accurate per se... it was just stuff that was thrown out for a poll. Ceilings and spiral stairs do seem to be coming with this pack.

But I'd love some new toddler toys. I was very happy to have that new table with the blocks and drawings that came with FT.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games