• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am
van was pathetic  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:05 pm
fate_the_ice_princess
exactly but what i don't get is why did diva want to joel

Why Diva killed Joel? Because she held him responsible for keeping her locked up in the tower all her life. Him and Anshel kept her up there, expiramenting on her. And when Joel bought Hagi it was so he could use him in an expirament when he grew up to see if Diva would reproduce like a human.  

YamiCheza
Crew

Sayuri Sayo

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:45 am
Really? I thought it was a test to see if Saya would you mate with Hagi  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:10 pm
Saiyo of the Mists
Really? I thought it was a test to see if Saya would you mate with Hagi

I thought that too at one time but when I rewatched a past episode ("Sour Grapes", I think) they said Hagi was Diva's groom. And they said that Joel kept Saya as a daughter and Diva was the test subject. But that expirament obviously never went through. I don't know if it was because Joel saw that Saya had become friends with Hagi or if Diva was released before the planned time of the expirament.  

YamiCheza
Crew

Sayuri Sayo

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:36 am
So Hagi was Divae's groom? Then why did Joel have Saya as a daughter and Diva as a test subject if Hagi was going to be Diva's groom then shouldn't Saya be the test subject and Diva as his daughter?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:21 pm
Yes, Crispin Freeman played Van Argeno. Van Argeno was a much needed character, if only for comic relief. Crispin Freeman did a superb job on Argeno; let me hear you do a French accent? Voice actors must do what the director tells them to do. Each actor does a protrayal of a character. Some are better than others. In my opinion, Crispin does a good job wherever he goes. So, I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't go and bash him, because he is my friend. Thank you.  

Virvada

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:04 pm
Saiyo of the Mists
So Hagi was Divae's groom? Then why did Joel have Saya as a daughter and Diva as a test subject if Hagi was going to be Diva's groom then shouldn't Saya be the test subject and Diva as his daughter?

Joel kept Saya as a daughter because he didn't have any children. Why he picked Saya instead of Diva, I don't know. If they explained it, I can't remember.

You see, in the episode shortly after Diva's woke up and they're still not showing her face, all her chevaliers are sitting around drinking the wine that has her blood in it talking about their plan and all that. That's when they say Hagi was Diva's groom. It's not explained much, but Joel the third said later (I think in "Joel's Diary") that Hagi was bought because Joel wanted to see if Chiropterans reproduced the same as humans because that was one experiment he hadn't run yet. He never ran experiments on Saya, they were all done on Diva (another reason why Diva hated Joel and killed him). And when it's explained about how Saya and Diva were hatched out of their cocoons, he kept Saya as a daughter and named her. He kept the other one so he could run experiments, thus he didn't even bother to name her. They never say that Hagi was bought for Saya and are pretty vague on the details.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 pm
Iubire
Yes, Crispin Freeman played Van Argeno. Van Argeno was a much needed character, if only for comic relief. Crispin Freeman did a superb job on Argeno; let me hear you do a French accent? Voice actors must do what the director tells them to do. Each actor does a protrayal of a character. Some are better than others. In my opinion, Crispin does a good job wherever he goes. So, I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't go and bash him, because he is my friend. Thank you.

I don't think anyone intended to bash, they just didn't care for his performance on his accent; I see your point, he was only doing what he was told. But like me and the Captain said was that his accent was part of his "comic relief." Yes his characcter was needed. For example, they couldn't have done the plan of the Opera and the Chiropterans attacking without Van even if he didn't know he was aiding in such a plan.

Everyone I know of agrees that Freeman did a wonderful job on Hagi and that he is talented. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I don't think people were bashing him. Like I said, we love his Hagi. Just go see the "Sexy beast Hagi thread" if you want proof. wink  

YamiCheza
Crew

Sayuri Sayo

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:41 am
Sure but I still feel sorry for Saya  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:51 pm
I feel sorry for Saya, too. And Diva. Saya was put through so much all because of what the first Joel did and then Diva was experimented on for so long. Her death was sad, too.  

YamiCheza
Crew

Virvada

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:20 pm
YamiCheza
Iubire

I don't think anyone intended to bash, they just didn't care for his performance on his accent; I see your point, he was only doing what he was told. But like me and the Captain said was that his accent was part of his "comic relief." Yes his characcter was needed. For example, they couldn't have done the plan of the Opera and the Chiropterans attacking without Van even if he didn't know he was aiding in such a plan.

Everyone I know of agrees that Freeman did a wonderful job on Hagi and that he is talented. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I don't think people were bashing him. Like I said, we love his Hagi. Just go see the "Sexy beast Hagi thread" if you want proof. wink

Yes, I know. I'm an opinionated person, especially about people or things that I hold in high esteem. So sorry if I sounded snappy. Oh, and I am not sure if I want to see that topic because I don't like how people talk about how sexy Haji is....I mean, I know, he's pretty sexy, but I just think of him as an equal more than a sex toy, right? I mean, I play cello, and everything, so I don't look at Haji that way...it's rather hard to explain.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:47 am
Iubire
YamiCheza
Iubire

Yes, I know. I'm an opinionated person, especially about people or things that I hold in high esteem. So sorry if I sounded snappy. Oh, and I am not sure if I want to see that topic because I don't like how people talk about how sexy Haji is....I mean, I know, he's pretty sexy, but I just think of him as an equal more than a sex toy, right? I mean, I play cello, and everything, so I don't look at Haji that way...it's rather hard to explain.

Hey don't worry about it. I understand. 3nodding And I understand about not wanting to see the thread. Yeah, Hagi has a really nice voice in both English and Japanese versions of the anime, but I don't think of him as a "sexy beast." But I do like to check it out because I find it funny sometimes. xd  

YamiCheza
Crew

Virvada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm
YamiCheza
Iubire
YamiCheza
Iubire

Hey don't worry about it. I understand. 3nodding And I understand about not wanting to see the thread. Yeah, Hagi has a really nice voice in both English and Japanese versions of the anime, but I don't think of him as a "sexy beast." But I do like to check it out because I find it funny sometimes. xd

That's true. People should think like you. smile It can be funny, but only if I'm in the right mood. A lot of the time, I find fangirls sickening...partially because I just don't like people talking like that about anime characters.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:00 pm
I know right fangirls that go to my school at mostly talk about how could Saya do that to hagi and that Saya should die and if I or someone else say something else like Hagi did that because loves her they'll give the evil look like your so wrong  

Sayuri Sayo

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
[ Blood+ ]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items