Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
EP's <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one first?!
  Free Time
  Seasons
  University
  Pets
  Nightlife
View Results

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Well i'm planning to save for 5 expansion pack from about now to god knows how long it will take to get them xD.Tell me,which one(s) do you think is/are the best biggrin <3 All i know is i'm not getting the vacation one,and i already have open for business :]
here they are just EP's.No SP's.
-Free Time
-Seasons
-University
-Pets
-Nightlife
I can't choose which one first?! @______@;;

ALSO!!!
i just want to make sure because i don't want to make a mistake and then not about to redo it
does Open for Business only have 1CD?]

I'm questing for an OMG...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:35 pm
Sims University really helps my sims have fun, great, filled lives. But, college is SOOOO boring. I think of it as a task, not a computer game.

Nightlife is also great fun, if you have a fast PC of don't mind loading time.

Seasons was a fantastic pack, my favorite but not NEEDED. I think this pack ads the most to the game. You need a good graphics card for this one.

My first was Nightlife because it came with the game I bought.

No sims packs are really "bad" but i would NOT get pets if I were you. It is NOT EVER NEEDED. All it adds it....pets. that's it.

And from what I've heard (don't actually have it) OFB only has one disk so you're fine!

BTW: don't have freetime; from what i've seen it's more like a stuff pack that and EP.  

shmarty

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:41 pm

[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Well my Pc is from earlier o7(Feb 20 o7 XD )It's a Vista
so i think it's updated enough for it to process the games :]
Hmm... I think i might get nightlife or pets,my top two choices :3
OR SEASONS <3 xD
ok thank you <3
now can uninstall and reinstall my sims to get rid of all the down loaded stuff still on my sims :B <3
yeah it seems like that too from my perspective :[
The only thing i know i am going to get is the kitchen and bathroom stuff pack biggrin
X3]

]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Sims university is fun and can help your sims get that dream career. It also allows your sims to live longer (Unless of course your one to use the "aging off" cheat. XD ) If you get good grades you also get two more wants added to your want bar as well as the chance to change your lifetime aspiration. But I do agree that it can be long and boring at times.  

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 pm

[Hmm looks interesting and yet quiet boring x__o]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:51 am
Yeah, that's why I'm so torn about University. The going to college part is boring BUT it's very rewarding....

Of course, I do LOVE heart the hair UNI comes with.

It also comes with some new items, my favorites were:

mini fridge, new exercise machines, cell phones (at first, now my sims don't use them), pooltable (for my rich sims), srinkler (puts out fires quickly), and the communal shower (this one is just plain FUNNY)

On the other hand, I am in love with the Seaons EP.

During Winter, family realtionships with go up faster. In springtime love increases faster. In summer friend realtionships build faster. and In fall (my favorite) skil points build faster.

Plus, with Seasons, you can now own a garden. You can group I think...9 or 10 different fruits veggies (including trees that grow apples, lemons, and oranges). Your sisnm can join the garden club PLUS fruits have some very "magical powers" sometimes. Sims can also now fish, and the fish makes your food a LOT more filling. If you stock fish, veggies, and fruits in your fridge; your food will be so filling the sim will only need one or two bites of it.

Bringing it to my next point, you can now put leftover food BACK in the fridge for later, saving time and money!

There new hairstyle options and you can now set your sim to have a different hair FOR EACH OUFIT!!!! I really love this, it makes the game more fun and realistic.

You get 6 new career paths. And your sims can now give eachother gifts (which are placed in their inventories)

My favorite Season pack items:

hot chocolate maker, ALL the new coun try themed items (comes with kitchen and bedroom country set, they are very fancy and I use them in almost every house), new "car collection" (perfect for male children and teens)

Plus it comes with a new pool slide!

The new creature the game comes with is Plantsims. They only need "water" "sunlight" and "love". Plus, their babies only take 7 days to turn into adults and they're toddlers the whole time!

So, as you can see, I lean towards Seasons. Of course, when it comes down to it, it's your choice.

BTW: I play on a vista too! Mine can handle Seasons, Nightlife, UNI, but I don't have room for downloads gonk  

shmarty

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:34 pm
I've always said that Seasons was my most favorite EP. It seems to be the most agreed upon. It rocks, and for those people don't play community lots very much, it adds tons of stuff to do at home. (Fishing, gardening, water ballon fights, and all sort of snow activities.) Gives a lot of stuff for the elders to do.

Uni can be fun, but most people don't like it. (I love it, but that's just me.) It can be repetitive, so I use it as a time for sims to cut loose, create drama. (One sim is sleeping her way through school-- she hasn't done a lick of work since entering school.)

Just got Pets, and it really is unnecessary. But I got it last as a treat for my sims, and the pets are so darn cute! heart

Nightlife is important because it adds the dating feature (sims can get gifts for good dates or bags of poo for bad ones). It also adds a lot of fun group things, like juke boxes, karaoke machines and bowling alleys.

Freetime seems to be mixed for more people. It changes things a lot by adding hobbies so everything your sim does gives him interests in one of the hobby categories, but at the same time it didn't change the way most players play. (It did have an impact on my game playing, I'm starting a school system because of it. Imagine being able to have body shop where students work on a car together or home economics where students learn to sew.)

It completely depends on what you want out of your game.

Yes, OFB only has one CD. Someone confirmed it somewhere else recently-- was that here? I can't remember.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:21 pm

[Now that I think about it i might forget about uni >.>;;
With all the things you said about what seasons has,adds i might want that first.Then nightlife
xD

@banana-nana
Hmm repetitive stuff gets boring D;
and well i don't want unnecessary stuff on my computer...yet ;D xD

Hmm seasons has "season" fishing gardening ect gonk
and nightlife has date game,bowling ally gonk
i can't choose @____@;;

I think i might get seasons first >.>;

and thanks i just wanted to double check about the O4B CD
because i want to uninstall and reinstall my game :B]

someboyishere2
Crew

Markyeo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am
Open for business is the best! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:08 pm
i love the university. I dont really have a reason i just like it.  

bighairy dog

Lady Pemberly

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:01 am
TECHNICALLY my first EP was Nightlife, because I got the Sims 2 Deluxe, which had that included.

But my first seperate expansion was....University I think. I actually got Teen Style Stuff before that, but that's a stuff pack

1. University
2. Free Time
3. Bon Voyage
4. Pets
5. Seasons

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items