Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Snake

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:43 pm
This guy has to be one of the greatest characters. He has incredibly high damaging moves, exceedingly powerful projectiles, traps, and one hell of a glitch move. Seriosuly, I went on some websites to look up what this guy can do, its totally amazing, and the best part is you have to be strategic to even use him properly.

I recently learn to "SnakeDash" or "Mortar Slide". Basically, you dash, and cancel with an up A instantly doing three moves. you roll into the opponent, and instantly hit them again with the barrel (If aimed properly), and then the falling rockect has a high chance of hitting them again.

Please discuss how awesome snake can be, or is.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:49 pm
I main snake (see sig) and while i've never had a personally BAD fight with him, he does have some weak points.

If you have an opponent who pays attention, the mines/C4 are useless, the mines are also useless against D3 who can blow them up from a distance away.

Strengths.

Relatively Fast (for a heavyweight)

Stunningly Powerful

Projectile

Dash attack takes you a long distance (abuse them to get across small stages with ease)

and has an excellent recovery Move, in other words...

Wh00t.  

iSephi

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm
I've been using him, and getting fairly good with him. But I always have trouble against very fast and offensive characters and playstyles.

Grendes FTW. I love holding on to them then prop your shield up when they dash at you.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:28 pm
Jonnnn
I've been using him, and getting fairly good with him. But I always have trouble against very fast and offensive characters and playstyles.

Grendes FTW. I love holding on to them then prop your shield up when they dash at you.

I know what you mean lol. Also, I had a similar problems with fast aggressive characters. My advice is to master the snake dash, it will shut them down farily easily, and you should have to spam it to win. I love planting C4 and mines close to each, and detonating the C4 to activate the mine on more careful enemies. Snake is a pretty tactical character.  

Deathguiser

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:13 pm
im surprised he doesnt have much melee attacks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:59 am
i like snakes special attack he is awesome  

-Dd the truswaqqed-

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:11 pm
man i thought i would have more melee moves  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 pm
i like him.  

Smellyfeets

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:26 am
the first time i used him i didnt know u can control the missile he shots  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:11 pm
snake is really older than he looks in brawl  

-Dd the truswaqqed-

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:12 pm
no younger in the 360 game he has white hair  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:42 pm
There are no MGS games for the 360. You must mean the PS3, thats when snake is old (Due to accelerated aging because of the fact that he is a clone.)  

Deathguiser

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:58 am
o i guess i did mean the PS3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:30 pm
He's definatly one of my favorties, but he has one major disadvantage... almost all his attacks can hurt himself if youre not careful...  

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:07 pm
and most of them r ranged  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff