Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
WiFi on Brawl...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WiFi in Brawl. Lag?
  Nah! I'm perfectly fine with Brawl WiFi
  Hell yeah! It lags like a **********
View Results

horneldiablo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:13 pm
Alright, I know some people have different oppinions on Brawl WiFi, but I want to know what yours is.

In my opinion, I like the fact that you can play with different people all over the world and Brawl with you friends from far away. But what really makes WiFi such a big drag for me is the lag. Yes, you might have heard somebody else rant about the lag, or complain about it, but it really is a big deal. Because if your strategy is anything like mine, you will need timing, and yet in my experience, my controls are responding .5-1 seconds late. That just burns me up! Also, when the connection I have with my opponent is really bad, my game freezes for up to 10 seconds. It's not as bad against some people for some weird reason, but I find this to be a problem with people that live about 1 hour away.

*sigh* Anyway, that was my ranting on Brawl WiFi, and it did help me blow off some steam. smile What are your experiences on WiFi?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:45 pm
LOL, i was in a 4 player match involving three Wii's and the game COMPLETELY froze for about a minute, then booted ALL OF US from the game. it REALLY Sucked.  

iSephi

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:24 pm
I don't find the lag that bad.

Usually both players experience a command lag, so you are not alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:42 pm
actually it depends on the location for me when i battle people from far away its laggy other than that mines good  

dragwarrior

Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff