Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Thread Archive
Which one?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:55 pm
So, I am getting an expansion pack. I have Seasons, but I simply can't decide which one to get. I know it's a matter of opinion, but I wanted to know which on you guys think would be most worth it/which is your favorite.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 pm
Heh, Seasons is actually the one I'd recommend. I have Nightlife, Pets, and Uni as well as Seasons... and I suppose the best is Nightlife. I felt that the dating thing added a lot. Iunno, personal opinion. The pets can be fun too (and are ADORABLE), but often become more of a hindrance than anything else if you add them to a family with any amount of kids. Training them and everything is such a hassle, and I always forget to feed them or play with them until they're liek, dying. >>;;;

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 pm
Thank you for the advice. I can see how Pets could become a chore. Heck, they are in real life. I've played Unleashed on Sims1 and it was cute but annoying. The dating part sounds fun and interesting. Maybe it could help withdraw my addiction to using Boolprop. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:20 am
Annabelle_the_Raven
Thank you for the advice. I can see how Pets could become a chore. Heck, they are in real life. I've played Unleashed on Sims1 and it was cute but annoying. The dating part sounds fun and interesting. Maybe it could help withdraw my addiction to using Boolprop. sweatdrop
The dating is definitely something that was good about Nightlife, it makes sims really happy too, when a date goes well, but for me personally that was the only thing about Nightlife I liked (except for cars as well actually, then they can't miss work!).

I don't know about other EP's, Seasons was my favourite, and the other ones I have are University and OFB, and both of those are alright too. Of those two I probably like University better though, because I quite like the studenty lifestyle you get on university campus. OFB is extremely tricky when it comes to actually owning a business.  

Chikiya

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 am
I'd probably go with Nightlife. Downtown adds lots of new areas to visit, there's cars and you get the pleasure aspiration too.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:27 pm
I've been thinking, and I think I will go with Nightlife. It seems like it has the most to offer and sounds fun. Thanks, for the input.  

Blablablacat

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:32 am
User Image
Nightlife.
It does have the most to offer out of all of them, in my opinion.
Though the rest of them are fun.

I don't really use Open for Business as much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:56 am
seasons is my favorite! I guess i would recommed nightlife too. Your sims can go downtown, date, and they have cars. University is good to becuase they can go to college and have other jobs. with pets, i dont really use as much and same with OFB. With Bon Voyage they can go on vacation, but with my computer it take FOREVER to load the vacation lots.  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 pm
I'm going to go with Nightlife aswell.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:17 am
I have all except Free Time, and my favourite is actually Open For Business... The others are fun to have, but the shops (and running your own!) are really worth it.  

Lil Liin

Greedy Gaian

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items