Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Does anybody know how to do this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Umi_Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:42 pm
I wanna build a church, the only problem is, I can't add the wedding arch. I have UNV, NL, OFB, and Pets. I need a cheat or hack or something to gain this. Can anyone help?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:48 pm
You mean you can't put down the wedding arch? Why not? It should show up for community and home lots.  

Banana-nana

Umi_Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:18 pm
It only works for residential not community lots  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:56 pm
Oh that's right! BV changed it so you could have community weddings (but not community wedding parties).

If you go to the sims 2 graveyard, look for Squinge's hacks, go into the community folder and he has a community lot wedding hack. Please do back up your game before trying this. Since you don't have BV, you should be fine, but it's not gauranteed since this is an old hack.

There is another way to do it that involves changing the community lot to residence or something like that with in game cheats, but I can't remember how it goes.  

Banana-nana

Umi_Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:29 pm
Thanks I'll try it  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 am
Hmm. I didn't know you couldn't place a wedding arch in a community arch. Hm.
I think I have an easy way to do that though. I'm not sure if the option is available for the expansions you have, but you can make a collection folder. Go to Collections in either Build or Buy, and theres an icon that looks like a folder with a plus sign (I'm doing this all from memory, so spare me if anything is wrong. xD). A box will show up and it says something like.. Name Your Collection or something like that. And under that there should be two check boxes, one for Residential and the other for Community. When checked, the collection will be available for use in Residential and Community lots. So check them both, then add the Wedding Arch to it. Then, go to your lot and you should be able to add the arch.
That might work...
If not, then open the cheat window (Ctrl+Shift+C) (make sure you're on the lot, but not with a family. Just go right in from the neighborhood) and type in: changeLotZoning residential i think you have to exit the lot first, then go back in and place the arch
Then I believe you can just type in: changeLotZoning community
then go to the neighborhood and make sure its a community lot. And that should work.

If not, then I have no idea what to do...  

jmsdarlin623

The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff